Author Topic: Will the IE version ever come back?  (Read 20346 times)

Offline yankeestom

• Normal Members
Will the IE version ever come back?
« on: December 22, 2006, 02:57:43 PM »
I've been using PasswordMaker in IE (well, Maxthon's version of IE) and Firefox for quite some time now.  I have to use IE for several intranet sites at work that do not work properly in Firefox.  Recently my PC crashed and I'm having to reinstall everything, and I see that the IE plugin is no longer available for download.

Are there plans for a new version for IE, or is there anywhere that I can still get the old version?

Thanks,
Tom

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2006, 04:31:48 AM »
You can get the old version here.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2007, 09:35:03 PM by Eric H. Jung »

Offline yankeestom

• Normal Members
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2006, 04:43:06 PM »
Quote from: Eric H. Jung

Thanks, Eric!
« Last Edit: October 10, 2007, 09:36:01 PM by Eric H. Jung »

LkonKbd

Re: Will the IE version ever come back?
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2007, 08:55:03 PM »
Quote from: Eric H. Jung

Thanks, Eric!

Ok, Eric, now where is that link moved?  I get the 404.shtml error from Wiki.  I will not print what that looks like to me after the 404 dot ____.

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2007, 09:35:30 PM »
http://passwordmaker.sourceforge.net/ie.html

I edited the post above to use the URL now.

LkonKbd

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2007, 10:25:21 PM »
http://passwordmaker.sourceforge.net/ie.html

I edited the post above to use the URL now.

WOW, the completed download came up at the same time the box was closing for 'SAVE FILE' this new ISP is a blast to use.

Thank you for checking into the link for me,

LkonKbd

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2007, 10:33:52 PM »
OK! Now what?  I downloaded PasswordMaker for IE dot msi file, ran the install used the default for the install location all went well.  Even have the 'Open PasswordMaker' under 'Tools', when clicking there NOTHING happens.  Am using IE v7.0.5730.11 and under the 'Manage Add-Ons' - 'Enable/Disable Add-ons . . .' even has 'Open PasswordMaker' and it is Enabled.  The Icon (Gold Ring) is not showing, where is the rdf file stored for IE?  Can I just copy the one for FF over to that location so those passwords will be usable in IE? 

Edited by LkOnKbd > I also have the Yahoo! Tool bar installed on here because I am on AT&T|Yahoo! for my DSL.

Thank you for reading my toasty poster,
« Last Edit: October 11, 2007, 10:36:54 PM by LkonKbd »

Offline Miquel 'Fire' Burns

• Administrator
  • Programmer
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2007, 01:34:11 AM »
AFAIK, it doesn't work with IE 7.
"I'm not drunk, just sleep deprived."

LkonKbd

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2007, 09:40:12 AM »
AFAIK, it doesn't work with IE 7.

That is all I needed to know, not a problem, just thought I would try it and maybe report any bugs.  Well the BIG bug has arrived and is sitting on my system.  Will remove PWM for IE as of now.

Thank you for reading and replying to my toaster, :-\
« Last Edit: October 12, 2007, 09:44:19 AM by LkOnKbd »

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2007, 03:05:38 PM »
LkonKbd, you should use the Desktop Edition instead of the IE edition.

• Administrator
  • Programmer
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2007, 04:50:00 PM »
I see what you did there! ;)

LkonKbd

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2007, 08:29:22 PM »
LkonKbd, you should use the Desktop Edition instead of the IE edition.
OK!  I now have the DeskTop version 0.1 to install, except how will I remove the MSI install of PasswordMaker that is in there now?  Do I just use the ControlPanel/Add-Remove Programs?  Maybe just go in and do a delete of all entries of PassWordMaker under IE v7.0?  Will I be able to clear the Registry of all entries of that version of PWM that was installed with MSI?

If that is not enough requests I am working on more, BAG!!

• Administrator
  • Programmer
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2007, 08:56:24 PM »
You should be able to go into the Add/Remove programs in the control panel to remove it. If not, then someone did a bad job of making the installer.

Note, currently there's a bug in the Desktop Edition when the domain part has less than 3 parts (like http://passwordmaker.org, but http://forums.passwordmaker.org works). I should be release a 0.2 soon. Just need to make some tweaks in the installer first.

LkonKbd

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2007, 09:30:02 PM »
You should be able to go into the Add/Remove programs in the control panel to remove it. If not, then someone did a bad job of making the installer.

Note, currently there's a bug in the Desktop Edition when the domain part has less than 3 parts (like http://passwordmaker.org, but http://forums.passwordmaker.org works). I should be release a 0.2 soon. Just need to make some tweaks in the installer first.

HOT miquel,

Thank you for this reply have done what you said and installed the DeskTop Edition v0.1 and am using IE v7.0, with some tweaking of PassWordMaker, to manage to have the correct Pwd created to get me in here.  Just cannot get that DTEdition to slather my Nick and Password in the correct boxes, maybe with another update?

Edited by LkOnKbd > the above lines, thank you.

O/T> Why is SMF showing me OnLine when I was required to login to post?  Is because I am in IE and the data is stored in FF Cookies?  I feel that is the answer.

Another Edited by LkOnKbd > I did the Export/Import thingy with my IE v7.0 BookMarks and imported my cookies from FF as well and now am having fun not having to login all of the time now.  Maybe will need to tomorrow or the next day.  So far it is working GOOD!

Thank you for the HELP, that I need muchly of,
« Last Edit: October 12, 2007, 10:03:09 PM by LkOnKbd »

• Administrator
  • Programmer
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2007, 01:39:34 AM »
As for the Desktop Edition supporting putting passwords and usernames in the needed fields, I don't see it happening anytime soon. The simple reason being that it's developed with a cross platform library, and I haven't seen a way to deal with such an option.

But that's the good thing about open source! Should someone come by and know how to do it without break cross platform support, great! There is a way I'm thinking of, but would still require plugins for browsers anyway.

PasswordMaker Forums

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2007, 01:39:34 AM »