Author Topic: Were do I find Field name + Field ID + Field Value?  (Read 4988 times)

Offline Setter

• Normal Members
Were do I find Field name + Field ID + Field Value?
« on: December 14, 2006, 11:42:34 PM »
1. How and where can I find in an Internetpage the correct values of these fields? I know nearly nothing about source code of an Internetpage etc.

2. When I put in Account-Specific Settings/Extended in the Field "Username" a value, PM does not populate it in the Field "Username" on an Internetpage. What could be wrong?

Thanks for help.

Setter

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2006, 12:13:02 PM »
You aren't supposed to MANUALLY enter anything except in the 'Field Value' field, which is where you put the value that you want auto populated - ie, the password, for a password field, or the username, for a username field.

If you read the directions (the text above the field boxes), you will see that all you have to do is click in the field directly on the web form and it automatically populates the 'Field Name', 'Field Type' and' 'Form Name' fields. I believe that it will also populate the 'Field ID' field, but I'm not sure. I've never used it, nor needed to ask about it...

Eric?

Offline Setter

• Normal Members
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2006, 10:34:09 PM »
I believe that it will also populate the 'Field ID' field, but I'm not sure. I've never used it, nor needed to ask about it...

Eric?
[/quote]

Thank's a lot for Your help.

'Field ID' will not be populated by PM. Do You know, how I can achieve the ID? I don't.

Thank's in advance.

Setter

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2006, 10:40:40 PM »
What I meant was, *if* there is an 'ID' set on the form, I think PM will grab it and auto populate this field, but I'm not sure.

It doesn't matter though, as far as I can tell. I 've used this qute a few times, and in spite of nothing being populated in this field, it still just works.

Offline Setter

• Normal Members
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2006, 12:26:47 PM »
Thanks for Your patience.

The ID Field is never populated on the four webpages I tried, only 'Field Name', 'Field Value', 'Field Type' and 'Form Name'. And Auto-Populate doesn't work at all when the page is loaded. PM doesn't give a message, that he didn't found the webpage. So I guess, he found. If using CoolKey, it only populates the Password Filed but not the Field Username.

I use Windows XP SP 2 and Mozilla 2.0, both using german language, like PM.

What I'm doing wrong?

Best regards Setter

Offline Setter

• Normal Members
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2006, 01:35:35 PM »
In an other conversation I learned about the nust of use "Patterns". I did and things works better. One problem left is: Even on the correct site PM says he didn't find the fields. Clicking on ok resolves. I use the add on "Unhide", maybe it is the reason.

Setter

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2006, 10:36:46 PM »
Glad you were able to resolve it, Setter. I was away on holiday so didn't reply earlier.

-eric

PasswordMaker Forums

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2006, 10:36:46 PM »