Author Topic: PasswordMaker Passwords and the FaceBook Toolbar  (Read 5258 times)

Offline DaleStan

• Normal Members
PasswordMaker Passwords and the FaceBook Toolbar
« on: January 04, 2007, 05:22:44 AM »
I use Firefox, and among other things, I have installed the Facebook toolbar

However, the Facebook toolbar has its own special login window, and PasswordMaker cannot be invoked from that window, so it's far more tedious to log in than it ought to be.

My feature request, therefore, is "Fix PasswordMaker so it can be invoked from the Facebook toolbar's login window."

I don't know whose fault this is, but I get the feeling that I'm more likely to get a fix from this end than from the Facebook people.

Apologies if this is a duplicate request. Searching for "facebook" returned no results, and I couldn't come up with anything else that seemed like a useful search term.

• You do not have to have a Facebook account to download and/or install the Facebook toolbar.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2007, 05:24:36 AM by DaleStan »

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2007, 01:58:50 PM »
Hi Dale,

This is the first time someone has requested that PasswordMaker auto-populate the fields of another Firefox add-on (when you say "invoked", I assume you mean auto-populate). Unfortunately, I'm not going to be able to implement this feature because I can see it becoming quite a slippery slope: there are thousands of Firefox add-ons out there, and getting PasswordMaker to work with all of them -- or even most of them -- would not be possible due to the short span of my life

I hope you understand. Can you copy/paste?

Eric

Offline Miquel 'Fire' Burns

• Administrator
  • Programmer
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2007, 02:54:32 PM »
I wonder if it's possible to have the "populate this field with PasswordMaker' on every password field in Firefox? And if so, a way to identify what extension owns the field.

The first part is the only important part for now.
"I'm not drunk, just sleep deprived."

Offline DaleStan

• Normal Members
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2007, 08:00:39 PM »
Quote from: Eric H. Jung
Can you copy/paste?
I can, but I was hoping that some other solution was possible.

And maybe this is the Facebook people's fault, because the login window is not what I'd consider a "normal" login window. AIUI, the login is just a perfectly ordinary web page, displayed in what is obviously not a perfectly ordinary Firefox window.

Quote from: miquelfire
I wonder if it's possible to have the "populate this field with PasswordMaker' on every password field in Firefox? And if so, a way to identify what extension owns the field.
Actually, that probably wouldn't be very helpful to me. At least not right now. One of the fun ways in which the login window is not-normal is that right-click is entirely non-functional.
This is not to say that it wouldn't be helpful for someone else, of course.

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2007, 03:31:34 AM »
Quote from: miquelfire
I wonder if it's possible to have the "populate this field with PasswordMaker' on every password field in Firefox?
That would be cool--similar to how AdBlock places an image next each ad so I you can click on it to be blocked.

Offline Miquel 'Fire' Burns

• Administrator
  • Programmer
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2007, 03:51:07 AM »
What I was thinking of, the image thing would be on every image on the browser (including the ring in the status bar). Just to give you a little bit of a hint of what I'm talking about.
"I'm not drunk, just sleep deprived."

PasswordMaker Forums

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2007, 03:51:07 AM »