Author Topic: Generated Password shows only for currently selected account  (Read 4041 times)

Offline adamspiers

Generated Password shows only for currently selected account
« on: December 01, 2006, 05:51:26 PM »
If I define an account matching mydomain.com and then launch the Advanced Options dialog, the Generated Password displayed is generated using the default account settings, not the account which matches mydomain.com (and N.B. I think there is a bug with the account matching algorithm).  So to see what password mydomain.com will really get, I need to select that account.  This is doubly awkward because of the combination of two other UI issues:
  • accounts have to be in a group
  • opening of account group boxes cannot be done via keyboard shortcuts
So you have to click on the tiny boxed plus sign icon with the mouse, and then click on the account just below it - really quite awkward (not to mention the hassle and newbie-related confusion of having to create an account group in the first place even if you don't need it).

So my suggestions to improve the UI are:
  • Don't require accounts to be in a group.
  • Allow the account group tree to be navigated via keyboard shortcuts.
  • When opening the dialog, auto-select the account which applies to the current browser page.  Having said that, I don't know how you'd deal with more than one account matching the current page.
Thanks for listening!

PasswordMaker Forums

Generated Password shows only for currently selected account
« on: December 01, 2006, 05:51:26 PM »