Author Topic: Trouble using PWM - It didn't even work for log in on THESE forums???  (Read 3914 times)

Offline dclewis

• Normal Members
Hi,

I've been having trouble logging in to more and more sites using passwordmaker. For some reason the autofill option keeps popping up a box and says that the field is not found. I've tried using the coolkey, no dice, it just doesn't fill anything in. It's like there's no password set up for that page (there is) or the form is somehow "hidden" from password maker. I don't understand. I checked for updates, but the extentions in Firefox say there are none. I've even tried copying the exact URL for the log in page on these sites and tried to use the advanced autopopulate option with no success.

Sometimes, PWM only works if I copy and paste, but this is quite a hassle, and very troublesome (what's the point of having a form filler if you can't use it?).

I couldn't use the coolkey or autofill for logging into THIS forum, my bank website @ bank of america.com, hotmail.com to give you some examples. I'm confused. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks.

Dave

Offline dclewis

• Normal Members
Trouble using PWM - It didn't even work for log in on THESE forums???
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2006, 06:51:06 PM »
Sorry, you can delete this post. I had to monkey with it a little bit more with the auto-populate feature, but I figured it out, though I'm still not sure why the coolkey doesn't work for some sites for me, I would still be interested in learning why.

Dave

Quote from: dclewis
Hi,

I've been having trouble logging in to more and more sites using passwordmaker. For some reason the autofill option keeps popping up a box and says that the field is not found. I've tried using the coolkey, no dice, it just doesn't fill anything in. It's like there's no password set up for that page (there is) or the form is somehow "hidden" from password maker. I don't understand. I checked for updates, but the extentions in Firefox say there are none. I've even tried copying the exact URL for the log in page on these sites and tried to use the advanced autopopulate option with no success.

Sometimes, PWM only works if I copy and paste, but this is quite a hassle, and very troublesome (what's the point of having a form filler if you can't use it?).

I couldn't use the coolkey or autofill for logging into THIS forum, my bank website @ bank of america.com, hotmail.com to give you some examples. I'm confused. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks.

Dave
« Last Edit: November 27, 2006, 06:52:06 PM by dclewis »

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2006, 12:09:14 AM »
Thanks for following up. FYI, we don't delete posts unless they are spam.

PasswordMaker Forums

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2006, 12:09:14 AM »