Author Topic: 0.7 and Mozilla Suite 1.7.8  (Read 21461 times)

guest (guest)

0.7 and Mozilla Suite 1.7.8
« on: July 18, 2005, 10:02:27 PM »
Hi.  After installing under Mozilla Suite 1.7.8, I get the following error

I am running a computer administrator account under Win XP

I wasnt sure if the error was a problem, but everything seems to work otherwise.  I admit I am still trying to figure how everything works.

Second, is there a way to not have a toolbar icon?  The ring button doesnt match the Modern theme and I'd rather  not have it there anyway.

thanks

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2005, 10:31:37 PM »
Hi,

It looks like the image you tried to post didn't work. Can you post it to imageshack.us and put a link to it here?

Second, is there a way to not have a toolbar icon? The ring button doesnt match the Modern theme and I'd rather not have it there anyway.
Not yet... I will add the ability to remove it in the next release.

Regards,
Eric
« Last Edit: July 18, 2005, 10:31:53 PM by grimholtz »

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2005, 11:07:32 PM »

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2005, 11:39:40 PM »
You're using WinXP? That's strange. That was a problem for version 0.7 on Linux but was fixed in 0.7.1. I didn't think it could happen in WinXP unless you really don't have privileges, of course (but you're admin)...

PasswordMaker is trying to copy %Profile%/extensions/{5872365E-67D1-4AFD-9480-FD293BEBD20D}/defaults/passwordmakerdlg.ico

to

%MozDir%/chrome/icons/default/

where %MozDir% is the installation directory of Mozilla/FF/Netscape. You can fool it by creating putting another file there with that name.

I've changed the code so the filename will display instead of [xpconnect wrapped nsIFile].

-Eric
« Last Edit: July 18, 2005, 11:40:06 PM by grimholtz »

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2005, 12:16:50 AM »
Interesting.

FWIW, i have installed Quicknote which installs its icons in that folder

btw, the jar file is 07/13/05 20:26 - from your homepage.

when installing under Suite, Profile%/extensions/{5872365E-67D1-4AFD-9480-FD293BEBD20D} is NOT created.... instead, the jar is installed under the chrome folder....

and yes, i do have an extensions folder - i have 2 other extensions and their guids already installed

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2005, 12:40:22 AM »
OK, then that is the problem. The extension assumes the icon is always at %Profile%/extensions/{5872365E-67D1-4AFD-9480-FD293BEBD20D}/defaults/passwordmakerdlg.ico

In your case, it's not. I'll have to do some more testing with Mozilla. If you have any suggestions as to why this might be happening, I'd love to hear them...

-Eric
« Last Edit: July 19, 2005, 01:13:51 AM by grimholtz »

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2005, 01:04:08 AM »
I'm no programmer so I dont think I am much help.  

I have to think something in the install.js is involved though since it is installing, just not in the place you expected.

On another note, I did notice that the contents.rdf in both the classic and modern folders is the same file.

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2005, 12:28:48 AM »
Hi Eric

I just read the changelog for 0.7.2 and I wanted to ask if you really fixed the "error" in this thread or if you are just hiding the popup message?

Using Mozilla Suite 1.7.10, the guid is still NOT being created under the extensions folder.

Also, I know this would be a low priority, but I am eagerly awaiting the version that will allow an UI option, hidden preference, or a css code to remove the ring button that installs in the navigation toolbar in Mozilla Suite.  (is it the same graphic in all skins/browsers?)

thanks

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2005, 12:48:51 AM »
I wanted to ask if you really fixed the "error" in this thread or if you are just hiding the popup message
I'm hiding the popup message. Since I haven't been able to duplicate the problem on Mozilla, it hasn't been easy to find a real fix yet.

but I am eagerly awaiting the version that will allow an UI option, hidden preference, or a css code to remove the ring button that installs in the navigation toolbar in Mozilla Suite.
OK. Make sure you vote for it here

is it the same graphic in all skins/browsers?
Yes. I'd be willing to change it if you can do the graphics work.

Offline trephin

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2005, 05:10:11 AM »
So you have been able to create the guid then in Mozilla Suite?

The dll is installing into my chrome folder - which is fine - but of course, PasswordMaker was looking for the guid folder.   So, if you were expecting the guid folder to be created, then something must be off ...  

Not that the functionality is impaired, but it sort of bugs me a little that I am the only one (i know that probably has to do with the smaller number of Suite users I'd imagine)

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2005, 02:22:11 PM »
The dll is installing into my chrome folder
PasswordMaker doesn't use DLLs, so I'm going to assume you mean the icon file :)

Not that the functionality is impaired, but it sort of bugs me a little that I am the only one
The functionality isn't impaired, but the graphics are.

I appreciate your efforts to help me with this. If you really want to put an end to it, give me the following info:
  • start mozilla with the -console option
  • open PasswordMaker
The console will display the full paths and filenames of the file(s) that could not be copied. If you post those here, I will fix the code.

Thank you in advance for your help,
Eric

Offline trephin

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2005, 09:45:37 PM »
Sorry... don't know what i was thinking... I meant jar not dll ...

anyway, if i start mozilla with -console, a window opens stating that stdout and stderr are being directed to dynamic console... but nothing else is showing... if i open the js console, i get some warnings upon starting mozilla then some more upon starting passwordmaker but no errors

let me know if the js console information is what you want and i'll attach some screen captures
« Last Edit: July 26, 2005, 09:46:28 PM by trephin »

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2005, 10:11:55 PM »
Yes, the console output is what I want, but I forgot you have to set a preference before debug statements are output there. In about:config or user.js, add the new boolean pref browser.dom.window.dump.enabled, set it to true, and restart.

Thanks again,
Eric

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2005, 10:33:00 PM »
p.s.  I found how to turn off the toolbar icon for Mozilla with a CSS style. Were you the one asking about this? I think it was in another thread...

Offline trephin

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2005, 11:18:27 PM »
Hi Eric

console states...

getting service...
volume 0

parent: element: main-menuber

insert before element: main-menubar

insert after element:
document http:// (HOMEPAGE)

no errors

now, the jar file  thought would be installed under the guid folder, as my other 2 extensions that use guids do

oh, and yes, if there is something i can add to userchrome.css, i would like to know.

thanks

trephin

PasswordMaker Forums

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2005, 11:18:27 PM »