Author Topic: using rdf on a public computer  (Read 5013 times)

Offline newbee

• Normal Members
using rdf on a public computer
« on: September 27, 2006, 11:45:34 PM »
Can the RDF file be used on a computer that cannot install password maker?  In other words, How can you obtain the generated password to manually input on a public computer?

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2006, 12:05:38 PM »
Quote from: newbeewithquestions
Can the RDF file be used on a computer that cannot install password maker?  In other words, How can you obtain the generated password to manually input on a public computer?
No reason you cannot install the extension (unless the computer doesn't even have Firefox), but the other option is to use the online version - but no, you cannot, at this time, use your RDF file withe the online version - you would have to know your settings for each account.

There is a FR (Feature Request) to be able to Import your Settings into the Online VErsion, and one to sync your settings with the online version (and optionally with any other PWM installation you use), so you might want to go votes for one or both (and any others that you'd like to see implemented)...

Charles
« Last Edit: September 28, 2006, 02:36:48 PM by Eric H. Jung »

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2006, 02:38:43 PM »
In addition to the online edition, if you have a USB thumb drive, I suggest you copy the javascript edition to it. Open the file with any browser--now you have PasswordMaker To Go.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2006, 02:39:12 PM by Eric H. Jung »

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2006, 03:19:15 PM »
Quote from: Eric H. Jung
In addition to the online edition, if you have a USB thumb drive, I suggest you copy the javascript edition to it. Open the file with any browser--now you have PasswordMaker To Go.
Forgot about the JS edition...

Is this version fully up to par with the 1.6.x as far as the settings/options go?

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2006, 04:03:13 PM »
The only option that is missing is the fixed HMAC-SHA-256 option. Care to add it (you can code, i KNOW you can!)

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2006, 04:28:03 PM »
Quote from: Eric H. Jung
The only option that is missing is the fixed HMAC-SHA-256 option. Care to add it (you can code, i KNOW you can!)
Heh... sure, Eric... like, I KNOW you don't want to give me cvs access... trust me, you really don't...

PasswordMaker Forums

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2006, 04:28:03 PM »