Author Topic: Multiple Logins for the same site . .  (Read 7526 times)

LkonKbd

Multiple Logins for the same site . .
« on: September 18, 2006, 11:42:07 PM »
Excuse me, am still having this problem with the select-a-login/w password window keeps popping up when I access my WebMail through my ISP's website.  This occurres even when there is NOT even any boxes for a username and password, sometimes that window will pop-up twice, after the cancel button is clicked it shows again.

Have not been able to be here very much, having problems with other security software that I have been chasing.  

Thank you for reading my message and problem,

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2006, 01:06:17 AM »
Hi 'D',

It sounds like you need to refine the URL patterns for auto-populate. To get rid of this annoying problem, you have two options:

1. Refine the URL pattern used to determine your ISP's webmail login page. For example, you might have the pattern right now as: *myisp.com*. But if you change the pattern to *myisp.com/login.html* then it will only try to auto-populate on the login.html page. Get it? Read this page for more info.

2. Disable auto-populate and instead use "CoolKey" (alt `) on the page where you need to login. Note that disabling auto-populate applies to ALL websites, not just your ISP webmail, so you'll have to use CoolKey everywhere. This is how I use PasswordMaker (and miquel, too, IIRC).

Hope that helps!
Eric
« Last Edit: September 19, 2006, 01:06:48 AM by Eric H. Jung »

LkonKbd

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2006, 09:37:00 PM »
Greetings "Eric" the GREAT,

This is what I really like about this FORUM, no matter what I ask nor how it is asked you always know what the question is about and give the correct answer.  I thought those vague questions would generate some other questions, you cannot be fooled even by this FOOL.

Great to hear from you, Eric, how are thingys going?  Really an answer is not really required, I can tell by the board how busy you are and the GREAT questions being asked.

Thank you for reading my posts and giving the answer right to the exact POINT,

LkonKbd

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2006, 08:33:35 PM »
"Sir Eric,"

Neglected to mention the following entries are on the "GlobalTab": [Also noted LkonKbd edited this message 9/21/06@19:40]
The only items checked are "Auto-clear clipboard" and "Show statusbar indicator."  Action to take when CoolKey is activated "Populate empty fields only."

The 'Advanced AutoPopulate' tab fields are all blank and "Automatically populate username and password fields for sites that contain this URL" is UNCHECKED, still when loging into this site the fields are filled in as though those were selected or filled in.  They were cleared yesterday morning plus other sites are still doing the same.  Plus that window is still popping up when in my ISP's webmail access to my accounts.

NOW WHAT?  Maybe you need to return to the Drawing Board?  Oh! one other thingy for you on this one, even when there are not even any blank fields for that info to be placed the window still appears for my action.  If there are blank fields, they are not requiring USERNAME/Password just either allow E-Mail through (WhiteList) or block E-Mail (BlackList) it is still there.

Maybe this should go into the Bugs or Undocumented Features threads.

Thank you for reading this,
« Last Edit: September 22, 2006, 12:33:50 AM by LkonKbd »

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2006, 02:35:37 AM »
D,

Are you sure "Automatically populate username and password fields for sites that contain this URL" is unchecked for all accounts--including the Defaults?

LkonKbd

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2006, 03:13:36 AM »
Sir Eric,

That field is NOT available in Defaults.  It will take a little while to check each one to see if that is checked.  I know it is not checked for your site, after updating to v1.6 the 'Advanced AutoPopulate' tab was showing the entries for UserName and password which did not show in v1.5.1.  I did look for that entry but was not there.

Will do more checking later, 25 groups with 1 - 5 Accounts mostly 2 - 3 and on a dialup with a ssssslllllooooowwww (400mclock)CPU it will take awhile.

Thank you for that rapid reply and reading my posts,

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2006, 11:09:08 AM »
Quote from: Eric H. Jung
2. Disable auto-populate and instead use "CoolKey" (alt `) on the page where you need to login. Note that disabling auto-populate applies to ALL websites, not just your ISP webmail, so you'll have to use CoolKey everywhere. This is how I use PasswordMaker (and miquel, too, IIRC).

Hope that helps!
Eric
Eh???

First, I don't see a GLOBAL 'Disable Auto-populate' anywhere... and this is a PER ACCOUNT setting, so why would disabling it on this one account 'apply to all websites'??

EDIT: Nevermind, forgot about the checkbox on the 'Defaults'...

LkonKybd, some questions:

1. The window that is popping up - this is the MPW (Master PassWord) prompt window, correct?

2. If so, is the account being used (just look in the window, and it gives you the names of all matching accounts (usually only one) - if it is using the Defaults, then that is the only one showing.

3. If it is using the Defaults, and you have a Custom Account defined for the site, then the problem is definitely with the defined URL - you'll need to look carefully at the actual URL you are AT, and at the URL you have defined - and if you are still having trouble, I think we'll need to get you to actually post both the URL you are at, and the URL pattern you have in the account to see why it isn't matching.

Hope this helps...

Charles
« Last Edit: September 22, 2006, 11:14:32 AM by tanstaafl »

LkonKbd

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2006, 06:37:31 PM »
Quote from: tanstaafl
Eh???

First, I don't see a GLOBAL 'Disable Auto-populate' anywhere... and this is a PER ACCOUNT setting, so why would disabling it on this one account 'apply to all websites'??

EDIT: Nevermind, forgot about the checkbox on the 'Defaults'...

LkonKybd, some questions:

1. The window that is popping up - this is the MPW (Master PassWord) prompt window, correct?

2. If so, is the account being used (just look in the window, and it gives you the names of all matching accounts (usually only one) - if it is using the Defaults, then that is the only one showing.

3. If it is using the Defaults, and you have a Custom Account defined for the site, then the problem is definitely with the defined URL - you'll need to look carefully at the actual URL you are AT, and at the URL you have defined - and if you are still having trouble, I think we'll need to get you to actually post both the URL you are at, and the URL pattern you have in the account to see why it isn't matching.

Hope this helps...

Charles

"Sir Charles,"

#1. NO it is not the MstrPsWrd, it IS the "Choose Account" window.  Do you have to MAKE me use the correct terms for everythingy?  BAG!! JOKE.

#2. This one is also a big redNO as I have three (3) accounts, or maybe on account I am a problem?  Joke, again.

#3. Again, this is also a NO as I do not use Defaults, all are custom accounts.

#4?. Seeing as how this is my access to my WebMail accounts on my ISP where I have "WhiteLists" and "BlackLists" as well as SPAMBLOCKER held mail to review.  I don't think so.  I will tell you that the addy for logging in finishes with ". . . /default.as" and when in the account it finishes with ". . . /express.asp" which appears to me different.

Thank you for asking and I hope these will assist in clearing up MY[/color][/u] confussion.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2006, 06:42:10 PM by LkonKbd »

LkonKbd

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2006, 06:59:26 PM »
GentleMen,

I just solved my problem, looked over the settings and the wild cards were not including the "... /default.as", it ended with my ISP's WebLink addy and then the WildwildCard (*).  I made the necessary adjustments to set the system straight.

Thank U, one and all for your assistance, I think I am becoming trained again, maybe able to think better anyways,

LkonKbd

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2006, 07:41:24 PM »
Just to fill in the ENDing to this thread there is a final report @:

http://forums.passwordmaker.org/index.php?...t&p=1279013

Check it out,

And thankyou for reading my posts,

Edited by LKonKbd > One final shot at this GREAT program/extension there is NOT one out there that is even in the same category as PassWordMaker.  

Eric,

You have done the BEST job on this one and each update gets even BETTER.  My words are too limited to be able to express my feelings for this PassWordCreatorKeeper.  It is in a CLASS of it's own and so are you.

Again, thankyou for reading my posts,
« Last Edit: September 22, 2006, 07:47:48 PM by LkonKbd »

PasswordMaker Forums

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2006, 07:41:24 PM »