Author Topic: The arrangement of accounts in groups lists  (Read 6324 times)

Offline trojanpony

The arrangement of accounts in groups lists
« on: September 18, 2006, 01:45:39 PM »
I've gone through several posts on here and, frankly, I don't have time to sort through, or interest in, all of the back and forth discussion of the program's update/change/development issues.  So I couldn't find what I was looking for although it's probably in some of that "back and forth".

I have noticed that all of the accounts within a given group seem to "move around" and change order by, I don't know, frequency of use(?).  This gets to be a bit annoying since everytime I open a group that might have 8, 10 ,15 entries I have to manually sort (eyeball) through the list to find the one I'm looking for.

Is there away to organize account lists within groups?  Or even a way to simply make the group lists' organization static?

Thanks!

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2006, 06:53:42 PM »
Hi M,

I've gone through several posts on here and, frankly, I don't have time to sort through, or interest in, all of the back and forth discussion of the program's update/change/development issues. So I couldn't find what I was looking for although it's probably in some of that "back and forth"
No worries. We're here to help, not to tell you to spend 2 weeks reading two years worth of past posts.

Is there away to organize account lists within groups? Or even a way to simply make the group lists' organization static?
Not yet. tanstaafl, can you add this to the FRL with a vote from mrickb?

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2006, 10:16:50 PM »
Quote from: Eric H. Jung
Hi M,
No worries. We're here to help, not to tell you to spend 2 weeks reading two years worth of past posts.
Not yet. tanstaafl, can you add this to the FRL with a vote from mrickb?
Wouldn't this request be satisfied with either or both of the following?

Re-order accounts on tree with drag and drop

and/or

Ability to sort accounts tree by column

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2006, 10:22:17 PM »
Yep! Can you add votes to both of those from mrickb unless he posts otherwise?

Offline trojanpony

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2006, 12:54:05 AM »
Yeah, either of those would be great.  For me it doesn't really matter how they are arranged it would just be nice if they'd stay put.  So, I vote again!  Thanks a bunch!

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2006, 10:31:20 AM »
Quote from: mrickb
Yeah, either of those would be great.  For me it doesn't really matter how they are arranged it would just be nice if they'd stay put.  So, I vote again!  Thanks a bunch!
Done...

I only count two votes from you, mrickb, so you have 3 more... care to pin 'em to anything you see in the FR list?

LkonKbd

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2006, 01:30:10 PM »
"Sir Eric,"

For the problem experienced by "MRickb" with having to search for the 'Account' he wants.  Could there be a 'Flag' or 'Priority' number field so we could set them in the order we want or need?  That way they would always be in the same order and we would know where to find the one we need.

Thank you for reading my suggestion,

PasswordMaker Forums

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2006, 01:30:10 PM »