Author Topic: PasswordMaker 1.6 beta 2 for Frfx/Moz/Netscp/Flock  (Read 21790 times)

LkonKbd

PasswordMaker 1.6 beta 2 for Frfx/Moz/Netscp/Flock
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2006, 03:02:28 PM »
Quote from: Eric H. Jung

The large yellow box ("tooltip") doesn't display any passwords. It just displays settings. Anyone can obtain your settings if they have access to your PC by opening PasswordMaker and looking at the settings there. But that doesn't matter--the settings are useless unless they know your master password! There is no way to reverse-engineer your master password if they know your settings.

OK Sir Eric,

Here is an 'What If' for ya', you are changing the MstrPsWrd and you place your password for each site, 'Custom Accounts,' in the fields 'Prefix' & 'Sufix'.  They will be displayed in there as PLAIN TEXT, RIGHT?  

Fodder for thought,

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2006, 07:24:52 PM »
Quote from: LkonKbd
So I had to remove the WildCard entry on the right side so it would stop calling up PWM every time it saw htp://mail.mail.com/YourMailBox.htm (example) and installed just the location for the LOGIN screen.
Understood now - should have understood that one sooner though - guess I'm getting slow in my old age...  

You are probably using the 'Defaults' and that may work for you,
I use Defaults for inconsequential sites (many web forums, etc) - I have the defaults set to only use alpha-numeric characters.

I use custom accounts for anything important, and I have 3 or 4 different Master Passwords that I use, depending on how important an account is - ie, really strong MPW for financial accounts, weaker MPW's for other types.

I have a system, and it works well for me...

if you use custom and have more than one login for that website then the 'Account Selection' window will POP up so you can make the appropriate selection, right?  I think so.
Yep...

HEY, if this sounds or reads a little sarcastic, it is NOT meant to be.  That is just me, so I will apologize prior to sending so you can get mad at me for doing it this way and we can settle it later, OK?
Heh, no worries, mate... I've got pretty thick skin when it comes to my online personality - although in some of the political forums I frequent, just for fun I take the gloves off and let the blows land where they may.

Charles

LkonKbd

« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2006, 10:09:21 PM »
Quote Tanstaafl: Understood now - should have understood that one sooner though - guess I'm getting slow in my old age... EndQuote.

That feature of our brains will NOT improve any so get over it.  We all have that problem.

Another Quote Tanstaafl: Heh, no worries, mate... I've got pretty thick skin when it comes to my online personality - although in some of the political forums I frequent, just for fun I take the gloves off and let the blows land where they may. End Quote.

I make all attempts to prevent FLAMES from flying.  As for the Political scene, stay far, far, far, away from that.  Two (2) items I do not get involved in, Religion and Politics.  They make ENEMYS too fast and easy.  "Opinions are like a--holes . . ." and mine will not fit that category.  I am the "a__hole."

Thankyou for the reply and reading this one as well,

PasswordMaker Forums

« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2006, 10:09:21 PM »