Author Topic: New User Questions  (Read 4896 times)

Offline slobizman

• Normal Members
New User Questions
« on: September 24, 2005, 05:34:32 PM »
I'm new here, having just installed PasswordMaker.  It looks terrific and I am excited about to using it, and contributing to your efforts.  But, since I have hundreds of passwords, I want to make sure I understand two issues before changing over to it.

1. I searched the forum and see that people are finding ways to manage multiple accounts for the same URL--for example for multiple gmail accounts.  But, I'm not sure I understand the correct way to do this. Is it built in or is it a work-around?  Could someone just take a moment to explain the proper way to handle multiple accounts for one URL?

2. For existing accounts/passwords I have, I assume that I'm not going to regenerate all of them right away. so, I'll need to key in all the existing ones I have to start. Can this be done and how do I do it?

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
New User Questions
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2005, 08:31:47 PM »
Hi slobizman,
Firstly, welcome to the PasswordMaker community. We're all here to help.

I searched the forum and see that people are finding ways to manage multiple accounts for the same URL--for example for multiple gmail accounts. But, I'm not sure I understand the correct way to do this. Is it built in or is it a work-around? Could someone just take a moment to explain the proper way to handle multiple accounts for one URL?

The feature regarding multiple accounts for the same URL is built-in. It is not a work-around. All you must do is go to the Account Settings dialog for a newly-created account. You can create an account like so: Advanced Options->Accounts tab->New Account (you must create a Group first; you might name the Group "My Gmail Accounts"). In the Account Settings dialog, simply enter one of your gmail usernames in the Username box. That's it. Now do the same thing for your other gmail accounts, entering the username appropriately.

For existing accounts/passwords I have, I assume that I'm not going to regenerate all of them right away. so, I'll need to key in all the existing ones I have to start. Can this be done and how do I do it?
Yes, this can currently be done but the existing method is a work-around. It's described here. To summarize that post, just do the following:
  • Create a new account (Advanced Options->Accounts tab->New Account)
  • Put your current password in the Prefix field
  • Change the Generated Password Length field to the length of your current password
That's it!

Let us know if we can help with anything else. We are also very open to new ideas and suggestions...so don't be afraid to make them!

Regards,
Eric Jung
« Last Edit: September 24, 2005, 08:32:43 PM by Eric H. Jung »

PasswordMaker Forums

New User Questions
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2005, 08:31:47 PM »