Author Topic: Safe for Firefox extensions?  (Read 13557 times)

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
Safe for Firefox extensions?
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2006, 11:01:55 AM »
Quote from: yyhhcc
Hi Eric,
No, not really.  I am using your IE version of the passwordmaker everyday as I have plenty of online programmes/forums to visit daily.  Reason why I responded late is mainly becoz I make use of the 'Open PasswordMaker' option since then albeit a little inconvenient (have to manually cut and paste the password back into the website that I intend to login).

I've been using IE since years back and hopefully you would be kind enough to provide a patch for the IE version of your wonderful tool.  I seriously hope that I don't have to switch to firefox..

Thanks.
The IE version hasn't been developed in some time, and I don't think there are any immediate plans to bring it up to speed. It is WAY behind the FFox version...

Why, oh why, would you want to continue using IE anyway? There is a little extenion that you can get that provides an IE toolbar button, so that any site that you happen to be using can be opened directly in IE - which is very convenient for those VERY occasional sites that don't work in FFox. Haven't had to resort to that in some time though.

Offline yyhhcc

• Normal Members
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2006, 03:05:05 AM »
ok...Tks for the reply so I guess i just have to make use of the 'open' option...copy and paste.

No particular reason for sticking with IE, just 'if it ain't broke why fix it?'(touchwood!!) kind of thing..
« Last Edit: September 28, 2006, 03:05:21 AM by yyhhcc »
~ Visit My e-Investment BLOG ~

Offline morguns

« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2006, 12:26:27 AM »
ie ain't broke?! :)

Offline yyhhcc

• Normal Members
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2006, 06:25:15 AM »
Yes, i've no issue with IE so far... ohh..again..t.w!!
~ Visit My e-Investment BLOG ~

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2006, 11:04:41 AM »
Quote from: yyhhcc
Yes, i've no issue with IE so far... ohh..again..t.w!!
While I can understand the resistance to change, switching from IE to Firefox is one change I can heartily recommend - you won't look back. And it will import all of your favorites, cookies, history, everything, from IE.

No browser is perfect, so don't get me wrong - but it has been so much more stable for me, and with the exception of two sites that our company uses that require activex, I haven't run into a site that doesn't work right in Firefox in a long time. And believe it or not, it IS much more secure than IE. Combine this with the added functionality you can get with the long list of exceptional extensions available, and there simply is no reason to stay with IE, and EVERY reason to switch to Firefox.

Anyway, thats my .02 clad coins worth... to each his own...

PasswordMaker Forums

« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2006, 11:04:41 AM »