Author Topic: Help and Support  (Read 7190 times)

jim28277

Help and Support
« on: January 23, 2006, 11:58:12 PM »
The Menu section of the user's manual indicates "you can synchronize PASSWORDMAKER Online with settings from the PASSWORDMAKER Mozilla/Firefox Extension by using the Export Settings option and the Import Settings option found at PASSWORDMAKER Online."

I am unable to find any Import Settings Options at Password Maker Online. Can someone explain this feature to me?

thanks Jim

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
Help and Support
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2006, 01:33:32 AM »
Hello Jim,

The "import settings" option at PasswordMaker Online was temporarily removed because it didn't work properly. It is scheduled to be fixed. In the meantime, you must enter settings manually to get PasswordMaker Online to generate passwords.

Regards,
Eric

Offline jim28277

• Normal Members
Help and Support
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2006, 05:10:42 AM »
Thanks Eric. Any word on when the import feature will be available on the online version?

thanks again Jim

BTW, great job. PWMaker is a great program. It does exactly what is promised and does so very effectively.
[span style=\'color:red\'][span style=\'font-size:14pt;line-height:100%\'][span style=\'font-family:Times\']Jim[/span][/span][/span]

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
Help and Support
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2006, 04:19:44 PM »
Not really. Is this a showstopper for you? It hasn't been much-requested so it got put on the backburner. You should definitely vote for it if you want it.

BTW, great job. PWMaker is a great program. It does exactly what is promised and does so very effectively
Many thanks.

-Eric
« Last Edit: January 24, 2006, 04:19:53 PM by Eric H. Jung »

Online Miquel 'Fire' Burns

• Administrator
  • Programmer
Help and Support
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2006, 03:23:58 AM »
I been toying around with a way to use this feature with the recent upload feature, but found that you can only download from the site it's hosted on. Unless we make a script on the server to get it and trick the browser, which I'm not sure about considering it would be too easy for us to copy the data without you knowing (or a hacker at least)
"I'm not drunk, just sleep deprived."

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
Help and Support
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2006, 03:20:38 PM »
but found that you can only download from the site it's hosted on.
You can only download what from the site what is hosted on? Too many pronouns--I don't understand you.

Offline jim28277

• Normal Members
Help and Support
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2006, 03:34:07 PM »
Not really. Is this a showstopper for you? It hasn't been much-requested so it got put on the backburner.

Many thanks.

-Eric
Thanks for the response Eric. It's not really a big problem only a small inconvenience. I have FF on my home computer with PWM. We use IE on our office machines but we are not permitted to install any applications on our office PCs. I thought if I could somehow use the ON-Line version of PWM and import my settings from my home computer life would be simpler. Its not really a big deal. I can export my settings to an HTML page for reference and use the On-Line version at the office.

thanks again.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2006, 05:33:18 PM by jim28277 »
[span style=\'color:red\'][span style=\'font-size:14pt;line-height:100%\'][span style=\'font-family:Times\']Jim[/span][/span][/span]

• Administrator
  • Programmer
Help and Support
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2006, 04:01:23 PM »
You can only download files from the site it's hosted on, so if the script lives on passwordmaker.org, then I can't do anything if the file is on miquelfire.com.

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
Help and Support
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2006, 10:25:17 PM »
OK Jim, thanks for the reply.

You can only download files from the site it's hosted on
Well, that's clear as mud. I don't know about you, but I can download files from anywhere. I wish I knew what "it' meant in this context.

• Administrator
  • Programmer
Help and Support
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2006, 02:24:35 AM »
xmlhttprequest.

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
Help and Support
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2006, 04:11:45 AM »
That's not true for privileged javascript; i.e., javascript running inside an extension. From where are you executing XMLHttpRequest?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2006, 04:13:05 AM by Eric H. Jung »

• Administrator
  • Programmer
Help and Support
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2006, 03:05:03 AM »
HTML page, as is the target for my experiment. And yes, I know for privileged javascript it's not true, but a simple web page is not privileged, unless you take advanage of this bug I heard about dealing with some CSS thing...

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
Help and Support
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2006, 03:27:12 AM »
Just use <input type="file"/>

PasswordMaker Forums

Help and Support
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2006, 03:27:12 AM »