Author Topic: PDF file problem . .  (Read 7317 times)

LkonKbd

PDF file problem . .
« on: December 06, 2005, 08:31:38 PM »
Greetings from LeonSprings, Texas,

I downloaded the PDF manual and only have 7kbytes instead of the 314kbs.  The error message from AcroReader is "Adobe Reader could not open 'passwordmaker-manual-1.0.pdf' because it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been corrupted (for example, it has been sent as an e-mail attachment and wasn't correctly decoded)."

I have downloaded twice and they both are the same.

Offline Miquel 'Fire' Burns

• Administrator
  • Programmer
PDF file problem . .
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2005, 08:56:01 PM »
It's not downloading properly, for some reason or another. If the reason is the same as to why the extentsion can't be downloaded from here, then that might help track down the problem.
"I'm not drunk, just sleep deprived."

LkonKbd

PDF file problem . .
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2005, 09:04:04 PM »
"MiquelFire,"

The ERROR messages are not the same, with PDF there was a download but was not the full file.  The one for v1.3.3 just gave an excuse that there was an error and could not download the file.  Cannot get the error message again for some reason.

Is there another location for downloading or could you send it through the PM's area?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2005, 09:05:30 PM by LkonKbd »

LkonKbd

PDF file problem . .
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2005, 09:11:56 PM »
"MiquelFire,"

The JAVA script link is not working, all you get is "Sorry, page not found." maybe that is interferring with the others.  Plus the download for the v1.3.3. is from the Secure Server could this be interferring with the connections?

Just a thought even though it is out there a little,

Offline Miquel 'Fire' Burns

• Administrator
  • Programmer
PDF file problem . .
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2005, 09:16:27 PM »
The JavaScript doesn't point to a file that exists at the moment. And HTTPS shouldn't matter, unless all links on Mozilla's update have us download VIA plain HTTP.
"I'm not drunk, just sleep deprived."

LkonKbd

PDF file problem . .
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2005, 02:20:36 AM »
MiquelFire,

I did not think it would but with these secure servers and nonsecure setups just was not that sure.

I was just on the problem TyranMizer's problem posting and am attempting to learn how much difficulty there is with his CPU.  That is where my training is and maybe some clues from him maybe can lead him in the correct direction.

LkonKbd

PDF file problem . .
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2005, 08:43:30 PM »
"Mr. MiquelFire,"

I just tried the PDF Manual download and all went AOK!!  It downloaded for me this time.

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
PDF file problem . .
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2005, 02:06:13 AM »
Is this resolved now? I only saw this posting today. InvisionFree isn't sending email notification of new topics to me consistently.

LkonKbd

PDF file problem . .
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2005, 04:50:58 PM »
"Mr.PWM,"

This is very true, except I have not been able to do anythingy with it as my Automobile went on the "FRITZ", no it is not German but is American.  Just managed to repair it last knight about 10p.  Have a couple of other items that need my attention, so maybe this evening.

To answer your question directly, "YES!!!" by all means it did work for me, just have been busy.

Later DUDE,

PasswordMaker Forums

PDF file problem . .
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2005, 04:50:58 PM »