Author Topic: Delete PW info in the default account  (Read 4408 times)

Clint Chamberlin

Delete PW info in the default account
« on: November 02, 2005, 08:23:27 PM »
I created a PW for a site in the default acct, and then wanted to set up a new account in a group. The reason for going this way was to allow for auto fill of user name and PW.

However, PWM only inserts the original PW info gererated in the default account. How do I delete or eliminate this so I can use the select account PW?

Also noticed that PWM always generates the same PW for the same user ID. At first, I thought this was because I was adding it to a group that had an account with the same user ID, so I created another group and new account. Still created the same PW for the same user name as in the previous group. It does not seem wise to base PW on user name. Am I doing something wrong?

Using Foxfire 1.3.1
Clint

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2005, 10:06:17 PM »
Hi Clint,

However, PWM only inserts the original PW info gererated in the default account. How do I delete or eliminate this so I can use the select account PW?
Goto Advanced Options->Account Settings (for the new account)->check "Auto-populate username & password fields for sites that contain this URL"

Also noticed that PWM always generates the same PW for the same user ID. At first, I thought this was because I was adding it to a group that had an account with the same user ID, so I created another group and new account. Still created the same PW for the same user name as in the previous group. It does not seem wise to base PW on user name. Am I doing something wrong?
Change "Use This URL" on Account Settings Page 1 or any of the fields on Account Settings Page 2. They all affect the generated password...

Let me know if you have other questions.

Regards,
Eric

Clint Chamberlin

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2005, 02:17:24 AM »
Interesting. Both Worked. Might want to add this tip to place URL contains AND Use this URL in the Manual to make sure we don't generate a bunch of identical PW's for sites that use the same ID.

Thanks for such a prompt response.
Clint

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2005, 03:20:54 AM »
Just curious, how did you create your accounts? With the "copy account" feature?

Clint Chamberlin

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2005, 09:49:17 PM »
Only used copy feature a couple of times where there were 2 accounts for same URL. So this was not the source of the identical PW's with same ID. Good feature, though.
Clint

PasswordMaker Forums

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2005, 09:49:17 PM »