Author Topic: One Hand PS entry  (Read 5036 times)

Mike Haze

One Hand PS entry
« on: October 11, 2005, 03:22:55 PM »
Some time ago I realized work was a bit faster if I could enter passwords with just one hand.  Then the other hand never leaves the mouse.  I started using the set [1-6,qwertasdfgzxcvb, caps, shift] - essentially what the left hand reached.

Letters and numbers, shift and caps being allowed, this didn't reduce security.  This can be done with the standalone version of PasswordMaker, but the extension for firefox appears to have hardcoded [a-z,0-9].  

It would be slick if the Firefox extension allowed differing letter/number groups.

I realize that the intent of the program is to autoPaste, but there are still times when one needs or wants to enter by hand.  And Firefox has been known to suddenly lose all its extensions and settings.

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
One Hand PS entry
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2005, 03:39:23 PM »
Hello Mike,

the extension for firefox appears to have hardcoded [a-z,0-9]
Are you using the latest version (0.8.7)? Only rather old versions of the firefox extension had the characters [a-z,0-9] hardcoded. You can change the characters used to anything you like by entering them in Advanced Options->Accounts Tab->Defaults->Account Settings->Characters.

It would be slick if the Firefox extension allowed differing letter/number groups.
This has been possible for quite some time. I suspect you are using an old version of PasswordMaker. You can download the latest from here or here.

Regards,
Eric
« Last Edit: October 11, 2005, 03:39:44 PM by Eric H. Jung »

Mike Hayes

One Hand PS entry
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2005, 02:06:12 AM »
Yes, I see the advanced options in both the downloaded version, the online and the browser extension.  That's pretty slick!  I can use my one handed method, and even if the browser or computer crashes, go then to another machine and recreate them all.  You have just saved me ... it will take a bit more work to get them GONE ... but we are talking about 185 userids and passwords here.  Thanks, Mike

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
One Hand PS entry
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2005, 03:17:05 AM »
Glad I could help, Mike.

Regards,
Eric

PasswordMaker Forums

One Hand PS entry
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2005, 03:17:05 AM »