Author Topic: Automatic account creation  (Read 4152 times)

Offline rdebay

Automatic account creation
« on: May 15, 2009, 03:16:07 PM »
Is there a way to automate account creation?  So when you're at a site a browser menu item could be selected that would bring up a pre-populated dialog.
The goal is to allow a non-technical user to add a new account to a group if there was an issue with the character set, password length, or which part of the URL was to be used.
To populate the dialog, I would use the maxlength or size of the password field for the password length, and the subdomain and the domain for the URL.  The account name could come from the title of the page, and existing groups would be in the drop-down.  I would not give an option to create a new group from the dialog.

I'd like to find a way for users with minimal training to add any sites their job requires w/o having to bug the IT group for anything simple.  Encouraging compliance with passwordmaker requires it to be as easy as possible to use and configure.

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
Re: Automatic account creation
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2009, 03:41:21 PM »
Some good ideas here, most of which are already present in the Feature Request List...

But, obviously, this is free and open source software, so code contributions are welcome... :)

PasswordMaker Forums

Re: Automatic account creation
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2009, 03:41:21 PM »