Author Topic: Another Login failure  (Read 12866 times)

Offline Sirlurkalot

• Normal Members
Another Login failure
« on: October 09, 2007, 05:10:57 PM »
Hi - I'm new to this program but have successfully set it up to work with several sites.
However I can not get it working with :-
https://www.stockbrokers.barclays.co.uk/idv/Login1.asp?category=home&usecase=login&popup=&
The site requires account number, surname and password and I have it working so that all fields appear to be correctly filled.
However the login fails and I too have been locked out of the site.
Although the generated password is correct, only if I overwrite the password box with the correct password, will it login.
I have tried clearing the password box and using the Cool key but that still fails.
I have no idea what's wrong with the automatically pasted original !
TIA

Offline Miquel 'Fire' Burns

• Administrator
  • Programmer
Re: Another Login failure
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2007, 01:48:59 AM »
There's an option to make passwords appear as clear text. Use that to see if the automatically populated version is correct.
"I'm not drunk, just sleep deprived."

Offline Sirlurkalot

• Normal Members
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2007, 06:01:03 AM »
There's an option to make passwords appear as clear text. Use that to see if the automatically populated version is correct.

Thanks for the suggestion but having looked, I can't spot how to do it ?

Offline Miquel 'Fire' Burns

• Administrator
  • Programmer
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2007, 01:10:09 PM »
If you haven't already, switch to Advanced Options, then in the Global Settings tab, check the "Show all password on web pages as clear text" option, then reload the page (That last step may not be needed, but I'm not sure)
"I'm not drunk, just sleep deprived."

Offline Sirlurkalot

• Normal Members
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2007, 04:48:54 PM »
Thanks for that - I think I better get my eyes tested.

Well the generated password is FFl84YhL  and the password entered on the page is EUSfVYKF which explains why it's not logging in. ( I've changed the password by the way ! )

So what might I have done wrong ?  The password field details were entered automatically.

Cheers

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2007, 05:21:21 PM »
Thanks for that - I think I better get my eyes tested.

Well the generated password is FFl84YhL  and the password entered on the page is EUSfVYKF which explains why it's not logging in. ( I've changed the password by the way ! )

So what might I have done wrong ?  The password field details were entered automatically.

Cheers

When you use CoolKey or auto-populate, hover over the ring icon in status bar and notice if it's tilted 45 degrees. This will tell you if passwordmaker is using the "Defaults" to generate the password or a custom account. It sounds like you're expecting one but getting the other...

Offline Sirlurkalot

• Normal Members
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2007, 06:20:00 PM »
Ok, hovering gives me the following :-
Account name    Barclays
      "     desc
Username          1234567
Use the URL        barclays
Password len        8
Characters        A >  a  >  0  >
Prefix
Suffix
Modifier
Use 133t          Not at all
L33t                    na
Hash alg               md5
Auto pop              no

I have a clue what's going on.
The 'wrong'  password is generated by the, automatically inserted at the outset...   barclays.co.uk
However in the URL box, I amended that to just...    barclays     so that the password included figures.
It seems the password is being inserted into the page BEFORE looking in the account details ?

I'm probably talking tosh. An alternative method of ensuring there are numbers would do and then I could revert to using the normal...   barclays.co.uk

Thanks

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2007, 06:30:13 PM »
Your reply is a little broken, but as I understand it the initial population of the password isn't correct but population with CoolKey is correct. Right? What matching patterns have you defined for auto-populate?

Offline Sirlurkalot

• Normal Members
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2007, 06:12:14 AM »
Sorry about that - I thought it was clear.   ;-)

You're right, that's what's happening.

The signin page is :-

https://www.stockbrokers.barclays.co.uk/idv/Login1.asp?category=home&usecase=login&popup=&

And I was using the pattern :-

*https://www.stockbrokers.barclays.co.uk/idv/Login1.asp?*

Thanks for the help

PasswordMaker Forums

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2007, 06:12:14 AM »