Author Topic: Version # . . .  (Read 7175 times)

LkonKbd

Version # . . .
« on: August 29, 2007, 07:04:00 PM »
Greetings from LeonSprings, Texas,

I'm BACK, there was or still is a major problem with my other system running Win98SE2ME.  Thanks to my youngest Nephew for creating this system for me so I can get back on-line.  My sig will give the specs.

Now to the subject of this posting, could the version number for PWM be placed after the name under 'Tools'/'PasswordMaker'?  There is enough room in my version for the digits to be installed there.  That way when we need to lookup the version numbers for any of our extenions all that would be needed is click on MenuBar Tools and read it there.  Unless we keep a separate record for references we need to bring up PWM then select the Help on the MenuBar.  Maybe FF could give us the feature of showing selected items version numbers above the title bar.  Or even have it as a feature for adding the version numbers next to the 'GoldRing' in the status bar.

Thank U 4 reading my Posty,

P.S. Forgot to ask how all R?  We are doing fine as frog hair here, yes, cannot even find it.

« Last Edit: August 29, 2007, 07:06:49 PM by LkonKbd »

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
Re: Version # . . .
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2007, 08:03:27 PM »
Hi LkonKbd,

Yeah, we're all still kicking 'n grinnin - hope all is well with you too...

I'm not sure I understand your request - I don't see that it would hurt anything, but I don't see anything to be gained either... how often do you actually need to check what version is installed?

Maybe I'm missing somethig?

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2007, 08:05:32 PM »
Is you use the excellent MRTech Local Install extension, you can quickly see the version under 'Tools > Extension Options >' in the list there...

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2007, 08:21:15 PM »
Hey tough guy! Glad you're back, even if it is with a P3 850MHz. A quick way to see the versions of all your extension by selecting Tools->Add-ons in Firefox. This will give you a screen that looks like this:

You could also do what Tanstaafl suggests, of course, but my method doesn't require Yet Another Extension.

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2007, 08:47:45 PM »
Heh - but I don't use MRTech Local Install to see the versions - it does a whole lot more than that... ;)

LkonKbd

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2007, 03:17:33 AM »
OK!!  So that is a useless suggestion.  They are there for the asking, I always went into PWM to find the version number.  Not too smart, that is why we put you, all of you, there in your jobs, to make us smarter.  Maybe one day I will not need to ask so many DUMB questions, don't hold your breath either.  There will be many more of those types of questions to go through.

Thank you one and all for these replies.  Yes, even you Eric, now your break time is over get back to the IE PWM and make it work, I have many friends that are still using IE and they need it.  Eric, you are the "tough guy" still working on keeping this the BEST PassWord creator and posting made easy for those passwords.  If I were to tell you of all of the problems I have gone through these last 2 - 2.5 months would take days of typing and correcting and retyping.  Not worth it, just suffice to say they were a set of BAD months there.

Thank you, it is good to be back and now on with the work,

CU L8R,

Offline Miquel 'Fire' Burns

• Administrator
  • Programmer
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2007, 03:53:42 AM »
Believe me, your questions are not dumb.

Imagine a login form like this:
E-mail Address: [_____]
Password: [_______]
Link with the text: "Forget your password?"
[Login]

And if login fails, there's a big ass button for the forget your password feature. Now, I know of people who call us to get their password, but don't seem to notice the forget password link at all. (There's other extreme cases of stuff like this, but it's specific to the web application I created at work anyway)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 04:06:00 AM by Eric H. Jung »
"I'm not drunk, just sleep deprived."

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2007, 04:07:29 AM »
« Last Edit: Today at 12:06:00 AM by Eric H. Jung »

I fixed a typo in your post, miquel. First and last time I edit someone else's post. Sorry about that, I think I'm manic tonight from all the PasswordMaker work I've been doing. Again, sorry.

PasswordMaker Forums

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2007, 04:07:29 AM »