Author Topic: PasswordMaker for Firefox/Mozilla/etc. 1.6.2 submitted to AMO  (Read 17252 times)

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
Hi,

PasswordMaker 1.6.2 has been submitted to the AMO Sandbox. It will be made available to the general public as soon as possible. If you have time, please go to the AMO sandbox and test PasswordMaker 1.6.2 so we can get it released to the general public.

Thanks,
Eric

p.s. I'm trying to update the release notes and RSS feed at http://passwordmaker.org, but the SourceForge shell seems to be down or non-responsive (gee, what a surprise). So here are the release notes for 1.6.2:

-Better auto-populate handling of sites with frames and IFRAMES (thanks, miquel)
-Restored auto-populate capability for Default Account (inadvertently removed in 1.6.1)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2007, 11:37:33 PM by Eric H. Jung »

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator

Offline Miquel 'Fire' Burns

• Administrator
  • Programmer
Re: PasswordMaker for Firefox/Mozilla/etc. 1.6.2 submitted to AMO
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2007, 02:29:31 AM »
That URL doesn't seem to work.
"I'm not drunk, just sleep deprived."

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2007, 03:14:08 AM »
PasswordMaker 1.6.2 has been made public by AMO. You can get it here or just let Firefox find the update automatically. I still can't update the PasswordMaker website, though (damn SourceForge shell).

Offline John Liebson

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2007, 07:42:34 PM »
Well, good and bad news.

The good: Corel and Webroot Software are now recognized by Password Maker. (I reported both of these sites in earlier PWM forum threads.)

The bad is weird: I came here to log on and report the good news, only to be told that my password was invalid, the same password that I had been using for some time.

I was able to fix this when PWM finally asked if I wanted to set a new password. I clicked on "yes," waited for the resultant email. Clicked on the email, returned to PWM forums. Went into PWM, deleted the Advanced Auto Populate password (using PWM's generated password,) told PWM to populate the forum password, was able to log on.

What I now am wondering is if other sites where I have had to use Advanced Auto Populate to enter a password are also going to reject those entries as PWM did?

Offline owlbebak

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2007, 10:11:48 PM »
I just upgraded by firefox and used PWM to log in to this forum, although I did it by the little key which is set up to insert the password only, with me manually typing in my login name. I entered with zero problems.

On my.yahoo account i did the key thing and it inserted my password and login name ok with no problems too.

On comcast.net I have it set to autoinserted without hitting the gold key and it worked fine.

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2007, 02:13:49 AM »
Thanks for the feedback, guys. John, are you using Firefox or Mozilla? I seem to remember you use Mozilla. Is anyone else having a problem with auto-populate? (I am not and owlbebak isn't). Any responses...positive or negative would be helpful.

Offline John Liebson

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2007, 11:32:02 AM »
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.3) Gecko/20070309 Firefox/2.0.0.3 - Build ID: 2007030919

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2007, 03:24:18 AM »
Quote from: John
What I now am wondering is if other sites where I have had to use Advanced Auto Populate to enter a password are also going to reject those entries as PWM did?

So what happened?

Offline John Liebson

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2007, 02:54:13 PM »

So what happened?
Well, to start my reply: I already replied to this message, but that reply is not here. Weird.

To your question: So far, no further problems, but I cannot prove a negative: I don't know that I've tried using all of the PWM entries that have Auto-Populate passwords. I will let you know if/when other problems arise.

• Administrator
  • Programmer
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2007, 03:57:01 PM »
The missing reply was a result of fixing an issue with quotes from the old forums. I messed something up and had to restore from a backup made during the night.

Offline John Liebson

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2007, 05:49:30 PM »
The missing reply was a result of fixing an issue with quotes from the old forums. I messed something up and had to restore from a backup made during the night.

I have changed your PWM password to keep you from messing things up.

I am not allowed to reveal your new password, due to the ruling of the Department of Homeland Insecurity and Failure to Bother with Passport Warnings on Its Computers, a division of "We are from Washington and we are here to help you".

I also am not allowed to tell you that if you use the instructions on this forum to use the shortcut alt+p, at least on my computer I am shown the list of installed plugins for Firefox, which seems to have little to do with previewing my messages. (Let's see what happens with alt+s; ah, that is truly helpful, for it brings up the History list.)

• Administrator
  • Programmer
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2007, 05:54:25 PM »
Did I just rip a fabric of time and space or something when I restored the backup? Seems everyone is acting crazy!

Offline John Liebson

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2007, 06:15:22 PM »
Did I just rip a fabric of time and space or something when I restored the backup? Seems everyone is acting crazy!
Not I, I'm acting quite "normally."

On another forum today, someone replied to a message from me, stating that what I was seeing was not what sane people would expect. I asked him not to accuse me of being sane....

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2007, 10:28:19 PM »
Department of Homeland Insecurity

heh.   ;D

PasswordMaker Forums

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2007, 10:28:19 PM »