Other Editions > Other Editions - Help and Support

Different passwords generated

(1/2) > >>

stanorj:
The passwords generated by the yahoo widget version differ from that produced by the internet explorer beta and the on-line version using IE.

The master password is identical, as is the hash algorithm and required length, and all remaining fields are blank.  I have selected the default character set in widgets, and left the online sets untouched so I assume they are also the default set.

Any ideas where I might be in error?

Eric H. Jung:
Which hash algorithm are you using?

stanorj:

--- Quote from: stanorj ---The passwords generated by the yahoo widget version differ from that produced by the internet explorer beta and the on-line version using IE.

The master password is identical, as is the hash algorithm and required length, and all remaining fields are blank.  I have selected the default character set in widgets, and left the online sets untouched so I assume they are also the default set.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: stanorj ---The passwords generated by the yahoo widget version differ from that produced by the internet explorer beta and the on-line version using IE.

--- End quote ---

I am using SHA-256 in all versions.

Eric H. Jung:
HMAC-SHA-256 or SHA-256? This is very important.

stanorj:

--- Quote from: Eric H. Jung ---HMAC-SHA-256 or SHA-256? This is very important.

--- End quote ---

SHA-256

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version