Author Topic: PasswordMaker 1.6 beta 2 for Frfx/Moz/Netscp/Flock  (Read 21858 times)

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
PasswordMaker 1.6 beta 2 for Frfx/Moz/Netscp/Flock
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2006, 12:14:37 PM »
and yes, this information should be on the download page.
Done. I only wish I had done it sooner...a similar notice was on the 1.6 beta1 and beta2 page. Seems I forgot to copy it over.

Offline John Liebson

« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2006, 02:06:15 AM »
Quote from: Eric H. Jung
Done. I only wish I had done it sooner...a similar notice was on the 1.6 beta1 and beta2 page. Seems I forgot to copy it over.
Thanks; I think that is a good thing. I guess some day, when I have some time (which may even be in this lifetime), I'll install 1.6, which has been downloaded and waiting for a few days until I could have this issue clarified.

LkonKbd

« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2006, 12:27:28 AM »
"Sir Eric,"

As usual I am late, just noticed when the mouse is hovered over the StatusBarIcon for PWM a full list of my settings for my PassWord are shown in a Large Yellow Box.  I thought this info in the RDF file were to be encrypted.  If they are why are they displayed as OPEN TEXT in this manner?  With this happening in this way could not a HACKER use that feature to get my settings to break passwords?

Have not updated to v1.6 yet, was reading this spread first to see what was going on.  I will await your reply before doing the update.

Thank you for reading this,

P.S. Still having the problem from my other post about "Multiple Logins for the same site . ., Window for selecting login reappears . . ."
The link is below here:
http://forums.passwordmaker.org/index.php?...t&p=1278989

Again thank you for reading my posts,
« Last Edit: September 22, 2006, 12:35:05 AM by LkonKbd »

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2006, 02:38:07 AM »
I thought this info in the RDF file were to be encripted. If they are why are they displayed as OPEN TEXT in this manner?
The large yellow box ("tooltip") doesn't display any passwords. It just displays settings. Anyone can obtain your settings if they have access to your PC by opening PasswordMaker and looking at the settings there. But that doesn't matter--the settings are useless unless they know your master password! There is no way to reverse-engineer your master password if they know your settings.

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2006, 11:17:52 AM »
The large yellow box ("tooltip") doesn't display any passwords. It just displays settings. Anyone can obtain your settings if they have access to your PC by opening PasswordMaker and looking at the settings there. But that doesn't matter--the settings are useless unless they know your master password! There is no way to reverse-engineer your master password if they know your settings.
Is this an option that can be disabled? The reason I ask is, I don't see my settings, all I see when I hover my mouse over the icon is:

"There has been no activity on this page."

Offline Miquel 'Fire' Burns

• Administrator
  • Programmer
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2006, 01:17:22 PM »
It happens after PasswordMaker fills in stuff, either automatically, or after the CoolKey has been hit.
"I'm not drunk, just sleep deprived."

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2006, 02:24:08 PM »
Quote from: miquelfire
It happens after PasswordMaker fills in stuff, either automatically, or after the CoolKey has been hit.
Ah, ok, thanks...

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2006, 04:42:06 PM »
Its purpose is to inform you of which account was used for auto-populate/Coolkey. Without it, determining which account was used would become pretty tedious.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2006, 04:42:35 PM by Eric H. Jung »

LkonKbd

« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2006, 06:00:08 PM »

Eric,

That message was sent before I did the UpDate to v1.6, v1.5.1 was still my PWM.  Now that I am on the 1.6 that display is NO longer there, I too get the message now, "There has been no activity on this page."

Sorry about this confussion,

LkonKbd

« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2006, 06:13:11 PM »
Gentlemen,

I have to be re-trained, been gone too long on other projects.  Have to be gone some more as soon as I get these postings cleaned up.

Thank you for reading them and replying,

LkonKbd

« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2006, 07:30:47 PM »
"Sir Tanstaafl,"

I did correct the WildCard usage, actually removed the one on the Right End and finished the link as it is shown.  Plus, when checking that for correctness it did not work, so I closed FF even in TASKMAN and restarted and now it is working correctly.  I knew it would if I did everythingy correct and I did!!

Anythingy else I need to do, YA!, SHUT-UP,

Thanks all,

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2006, 07:47:49 PM »
Quote from: LkonKbd
I did correct the WildCard usage, actually removed the one on the Right End and finished the link as it is shown.  Plus, when checking that for correctness it did not work, so I closed FF even in TASKMAN and restarted and now it is working correctly.  I knew it would if I did everythingy correct and I did!!
I'm guessing that you have more than one email account with this webmail provider, which is the only reason I can think of that the 'Choose Account' dialog would pop-up...

So, you are saying that the wildcards didn't work for you as expected, so you removed them?

They should work. They work on all of mine...

LkonKbd

« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2006, 01:43:24 AM »
Quote from: tanstaafl
I'm guessing that you have more than one email account with this webmail provider, which is the only reason I can think of that the 'Choose Account' dialog would pop-up...

So, you are saying that the wildcards didn't work for you as expected, so you removed them?

They should work. They work on all of mine...

"Tanstaafl,"

In all locations that have the URL I removed one of the "t"s so it would not attempt to show it as a link.

Your guess is correct and the URL that was used was just the *htp://mail.mail.com* (example).  The "/default.html" which would take me to my InBox, but would call up PWM every time any page was open on that site.  So I had to remove the WildCard entry on the right side so it would stop calling up PWM every time it saw htp://mail.mail.com/YourMailBox.htm (example) and installed just the location for the LOGIN screen.  I do not use the 'AutoPopulate' feature, just the GoldKey or right click and select the Populate This Field.

NO, that is not what I am saying, the right side is not removing both, I think that is just ONE (1) side.  Plus, I am using all 'Custom' accounts, not any 'Defaults'.

You are probably using the 'Defaults' and that may work for you, if you use custom and have more than one login for that website then the 'Account Selection' window will POP up so you can make the appropriate selection, right?  I think so.

HEY, if this sounds or reads a little sarcastic, it is NOT meant to be.  That is just me, so I will apologize prior to sending so you can get mad at me for doing it this way and we can settle it later, OK?

Edited several times by LkonKbd to assist in making it more understandable.  There may be some more before whenever. . .
« Last Edit: September 23, 2006, 01:57:07 AM by LkonKbd »

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2006, 02:09:29 AM »
Hey Tough Guy--it sounds like you talk to yourself!

LkonKbd

« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2006, 02:21:59 AM »
Sir Eric,

You got it, that is the only intelligent conversation I can have.  I also disagree with that other side all of the time.  Have problems winning any arguement as well, but; we have to call in an arbitrator some times.

Where do you get this "Tough Guy" bit anyways?

Why are you still up, you need your rest so you can pound out more CODE to make more improvements, as if there were any needed.

Hey, have a good evening, am having to shut down so I can get my Beauty Rest, and believe me, I need it.

Good NITE, Eric,

PasswordMaker Forums

« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2006, 02:21:59 AM »