Author Topic: double-clicking the tree and account context-menu  (Read 18634 times)

double-clicking the tree and account context-menu
« on: July 13, 2005, 06:54:17 PM »
Since the link to "Feature Request" isnt working just yet, I will post this here.  Its a simplistic request that just makes usage a little easier for me.  On the accounts list it would be cool to be able to double click the account to get to the settings window for that account.  Also if right clicking on an account, having a context menu with the options rather than just having buttons on the top.

Thanks

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2005, 07:51:46 PM »
Sure, I can add this to an incoming release.

Offline quixin

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2005, 05:27:15 PM »
I had a few other account management ideas aside from double clicking and context menus.

1. On some websites, there are multiple URLs for logging in.  For example, Discover Card uses "discovercard.com & novusnet.com".  To make sure PWM can log me into either URL I created two account utilizing the "When URL Contains" box.  To make this process a bit more simple, maybe a context option could be added to the account to
"Duplicate this account" to save me from re-entering all the same information or would it be possible to add multiple "When URL contains" entry boxes?

2. Standard enhancements such as the ability to reorder the accounts & folders by dragging and dropping. Especially if I add a second account and I wanted it moved under the original (from #1).

3. Maybe right clicking on a folder would give you a context option to create a new account in that folder.

Thanks

Still love this extension,  #1 on my top 5!!

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2005, 05:55:09 PM »
Hi quixin,

Thanks for the ideas. I know there are lots of "usability" issues that can be added. I especially like #1:
would it be possible to add multiple "When URL contains" entry boxes?

All of your ideas will be in a future release.

Thanks again,
Eric

Offline avander_be

• Normal Members
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2006, 04:47:32 PM »
would it be possible to add multiple "When URL contains" entry boxes?

I vote for this one!  :whistle:

It doesn't have to be multiple boxes for me, a list of urls will do just fine...

TIA

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2006, 02:59:17 AM »
Here is a screenshot of the GUI for this feature. Please let me know if you think I've missed anything. The drop-down listbox options are:
  • contains
  • equals
  • starts with
  • matches the regular expression expressed by
The list of rules are applied in an OR fashion, not AND. In other words, if any of the rules match, the account is activated. Is there any reason we need AND capability (e.g., starts with "http://m" and contains "yahoo.com")? I'm hoping if someone wants this kind of match he can write a regular expression for it.

Thanks,
Eric
« Last Edit: February 25, 2006, 03:06:22 AM by Eric H. Jung »

Offline Miquel 'Fire' Burns

• Administrator
  • Programmer
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2006, 03:06:58 AM »
Yes, you can do this with regular expressions.
"I'm not drunk, just sleep deprived."

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2006, 07:38:05 PM »
Quote from: Eric H. Jung
Here is a screenshot of the GUI for this feature. Please let me know if you think I've missed anything. The drop-down listbox options are:
  • contains
  • equals
  • starts with
  • matches the regular expression expressed by
The list of rules are applied in an OR fashion, not AND. In other words, if any of the rules match, the account is activated. Is there any reason we need AND capability (e.g., starts with "http://m" and contains "yahoo.com")? I'm hoping if someone wants this kind of match he can write a regular expression for it.

Thanks,
Eric
I like it...

Offline dschwartfeger

• Normal Members
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2006, 09:36:59 PM »
Quote from: tanstaafl
I like it...
I like it too and it seems to allow multiple URLs or regexps in the "in this text" field.
Am I correct? If so it would do what I was asking for in "similar settings for muliple user name"
This would allow me to make 1 rule for all sites that use a particular username and simply add each URL or  regular expression to cover all the sites I want to use it for.

One thing that would have to be considered is the precedence given when regexps from different accounts match (perhaps the highest account setting in the list would apply)

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2006, 09:56:29 PM »
Yes, this does what you are asking for, Donald.

One thing that would have to be considered is the precedence given when regexps from different accounts match (perhaps the highest account setting in the list would apply)
See my reply here.

PasswordMaker Forums

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2006, 09:56:29 PM »