Author Topic: Autofill exceptions  (Read 4844 times)

Offline glowworm

Autofill exceptions
« on: July 08, 2005, 04:01:08 AM »
Although the new hotkey will be great I will still use password auto-populate to save time as thats the way I browse most of the time.

I have noticed a possible feature request that could be handy.

On many forums their is a user config page which allows you to change your passwords, avatars, sigs, contacts, options etc.

I have noticed that auto-populate puts in a value for "Password" "New Password" and "Confirm Password"

I would like to suggest that autofill should work if it detects "Password" but if it sees "New Password" on a page it shouldn't auto-populate any fields. Or better yet a user definable "But not if you see this:" exception.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2005, 04:03:28 AM by glowworm »

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
Autofill exceptions
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2005, 01:49:54 PM »
I would like to suggest that autofill should work if it detects "Password" but if it sees "New Password" on a page it shouldn't auto-populate any fields. Or better yet a user definable "But not if you see this:" exception.
That might be difficult. I will try, though. What I can do, however, is make the new hot-key configurable so it has 3 choices: off, on, and don't populate filled-in password fields. Would that help at all?

-eric

Offline glowworm

Autofill exceptions
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2005, 10:46:55 PM »
As I always surf this way this is an important feature in my eyes, simpler than white/black lists and account exceptions - especially as I am moving between 4 machines and keeping my accounts in sync is as much a pain as a password vault like roboform.

Your idea is better than my thoughts above, but how about... automatically reversing the meaning of your planned Alt-` so there are still only two hotkeys?

Alt-` would be redundant with populate on.

So I am now thinking that if you browse with auto-populate turned on simply pressing the  Alt-` key would clear all the filled password fields & conversly if you browse with populate off then Alt-` fills them in.

I think it's more logical, It would be easier to use and it would make the software less bloated!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2005, 11:18:04 PM by glowworm »

Autofill exceptions
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2005, 04:19:56 PM »
So I am now thinking that if you browse with auto-populate turned on simply pressing the Alt-` key would clear all the filled password fields & conversly if you browse with populate off then Alt-` fills them in.

Sounds good. I'll do that, all of it configurable, however, so people can make changes to how the hotkey works as they like. Don't worry about bloat. The extension is still not even 100k.

thanks,
-eric

PasswordMaker Forums

Autofill exceptions
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2005, 04:19:56 PM »