Author Topic: Feature Request List for Command-Line Edition  (Read 33613 times)

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
Feature Request List for Command-Line Edition
« on: February 02, 2006, 07:18:22 PM »
What Is This?
This topic contains a list of all features requested for the Passwordmaker Command-Line Edition. If you'd like to add a feature to this list, please post a new topic in this forum (instead of replying to this topic). We'll discuss the request and, after we understand it, gladly add it to this list. Most anything within reason can be requested.

Voting
Each feature request has a number next to it. This is a count of the number of people who have voted for that request. Everyone can vote for up to 3 requests at a time. After one of your requests is implemented, you can re-assign that vote to another request. You may not vote more than once for the same feature.  Requests with the most votes are likely to be implemented first, although requests which are very easily to implement are often given higher priority than their vote count would suggest.

If you want to know more about a feature, click on a feature to go to the original topic where that feature was requested.  If it wasn't requested in these forums, it is noted and there is no associated link.  If you still don't understand a feature, feel free to ask about it in that topic (or in this topic if the request was by some other means).

You don't have to be registered to vote!
Guests are encouraged to vote, but please don't spam this topic up with votes. :)

The List
    None[/li][/list]Completed Features
    These features are completed and are here primarily as a reference.
    « Last Edit: July 24, 2006, 02:42:03 AM by miquelfire »

Offline Miquel 'Fire' Burns

• Administrator
    • Programmer
    « Reply #1 on: February 03, 2006, 02:58:00 AM »
    I vote for Ability to choose account in settings file

Wait... I mantain this Edition :P
    "I'm not drunk, just sleep deprived."

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
    • Administrator
    « Reply #2 on: February 03, 2006, 03:23:39 AM »
    Vote added :)

• Administrator
    • Programmer
    « Reply #3 on: May 02, 2006, 01:15:51 AM »
    Updated for 1.3

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
    • Administrator
    « Reply #4 on: May 02, 2006, 01:24:02 AM »
    Nice

• Administrator
    • Programmer
    « Reply #5 on: July 24, 2006, 02:42:41 AM »
    Updated for 1.4

Settings

Re: Feature Request List for Command-Line Edition
    « Reply #6 on: September 22, 2007, 09:06:28 PM »
    I would like a feature that checks on /etc/passwordmaker.conf too, so on Linux the settings are global instead of user specific.

More information on how to build the configuration file would be handy too :)

Offline tanstaafl

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2007, 10:32:52 PM »
    Hello,

Please register if you would like to vote for a Feature... Guests are welcome to ask questions or make comments, but only registered users can vote for Features.

Sorry, hope you understand...

• Administrator
    • Programmer
    « Reply #8 on: September 23, 2007, 02:23:02 AM »
    Building the configuration file is as easy as exporting from the Firefox Extension. :P

The command-line edition in it's current state was always meant to be a companion version to the Firefox Edition. Maybe I should think about a way to use it by itself one day and make a fork (for a version 2.0 release really) in which it's designed to be used by itself, and with the Firefox extension's RDF (and Desktop Edition's xml) format. What do you guys think? If we go through with it, think about a user using on a SSH (or telnet, or something like it) session.

Offline tanstaafl

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2007, 02:29:50 AM »
    Weird... I don't know why I read that as a vote for a FR... I guess because someone else voted twice as a Guest...

Sorry...

Offline tanstaafl

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2007, 02:35:36 AM »
    Maybe I should think about a way to use it by itself one day and make a fork (for a version 2.0 release really) in which it's designed to be used by itself, and with the Firefox extension's RDF (and Desktop Edition's xml) format. What do you guys think? If we go through with it, think about a user using on a SSH (or telnet, or something like it) session.

Actually, I think this is a great idea... I had talked to Eric a long time ago about coding a custom GINA.dll for a Windows Domain that would work with the command-line version, so that a users Logon password would be treated as the 'master password', so that the actual password stored in the Domain Controller (whether it was Samba or a real Windows Domain Controller) would be a PasswordMaker password.

Did I use the word password enough times?

• Administrator
    • Programmer
    « Reply #11 on: September 23, 2007, 03:09:53 AM »
    I knew nothing of a GINA.dll file. Actually, the Windows API scares me. Though to be honest, I think that is beyond the scope of the command-line edition anyway. If anything, just taking the shared C++ code would be enough for something like that.

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
    • Administrator
    « Reply #12 on: September 23, 2007, 10:16:31 PM »
    Building the configuration file is as easy as exporting from the Firefox Extension. :P

The command-line edition in it's current state was always meant to be a companion version to the Firefox Edition. Maybe I should think about a way to use it by itself one day and make a fork (for a version 2.0 release really) in which it's designed to be used by itself, and with the Firefox extension's RDF (and Desktop Edition's xml) format. What do you guys think? If we go through with it, think about a user using on a SSH (or telnet, or something like it) session.

Can't you already use the command-line edition without a settings file? If so, isn't it already independent of the FF edition?

• Administrator
    • Programmer
    « Reply #13 on: September 24, 2007, 12:54:24 AM »
    Yea, but some features (Well, one, accounts) need the settings file anyway.

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
    • Administrator
    « Reply #14 on: September 24, 2007, 06:39:26 PM »
    Ok, yeah I understand. You can't configure it with settings unless you have an RDF file.  :o :o :o

PasswordMaker Forums

« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2007, 06:39:26 PM »