Author Topic: Multiple accounts for one URL  (Read 9089 times)

Offline BYUFanatic

• Normal Members
Multiple accounts for one URL
« on: December 22, 2005, 05:42:20 PM »
Hey! LOVE PASSWORDMAKER!!!

One tiny bug though...

on www.e-gold.com I have several accounts. Logging in uses the exact same URL for all accounts. (https://www.e-gold.com/acct/login.html)

On the website I right-click on the Account Number field (same as 'user ID') and select PASSWORDMAKER > POPULATE WITH PASSWORDMAKER from the pop-up menu.

This opens a PASSORD MAKER - CHOOSE ACCOUNT box.

I select an account, hit OK, then all it does is put the ACCOUNT NUMBER in. Does not populate the password field. I have to right-click on the password field and repeat the process all over again to fill in the password.

I have one account that I use more often than the others. So in the URL section I put 'https://www.e-gold.com' and it fills in everything correctly for that one account. But if I want to choose a different account (using the steps I outlined above) it does not change to the correct password for the account I selected.

Also... a nice feature request would be to automatically have the PASSORD MAKER - CHOOSE ACCOUNT box pop up when I visit the website (either that, or attach a hotkey to it).

And lastly, while we're talking about features, if multiple accounts exist for that URL, it'd be nice (when the PASSORD MAKER - CHOOSE ACCOUNT box pops up) to hit a number between 1 and whatever instead of having to use the mouse and/or arrow keys to select one.

Again, thanks for a great product!

Rob

Offline quixin

« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2005, 07:51:21 PM »
On the website I right-click on the Account Number field (same as 'user ID') and select PASSWORDMAKER > POPULATE WITH PASSWORDMAKER from the pop-up menu.
 You want the PasswordMaker CoolKey.  It will populate the 'username' and password.  Its located in the context menu and also as a toolbar button.

And lastly, while we're talking about features, if multiple accounts exist for that URL, it'd be nice (when the PASSORD MAKER - CHOOSE ACCOUNT box pops up) to hit a number between 1 and whatever instead of having to use the mouse and/or arrow keys to select one.
 I think thats a great idea!
« Last Edit: December 22, 2005, 07:55:30 PM by quixin »

Offline BYUFanatic

• Normal Members
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2005, 08:12:46 PM »
You want the PasswordMaker CoolKey.  It will populate the 'username' and password.  Its located in the context menu and also as a toolbar button.

I think thats a great idea!
Mmmm... either I'm not using CoolKey properly or what?

But it still only populates the active field if there are multiple accounts for that one URL.

Works fine if it's one account for one URL though....

Rob

Offline quixin

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2005, 08:32:03 PM »
Verify that under Global Settings you have 'Action to take when CoolKey is activated' is set to: Populate all fields.

Offline BYUFanatic

• Normal Members
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2005, 08:44:04 PM »
Verify that under Global Settings you have 'Action to take when CoolKey is activated' is set to: Populate all fields.
Yep... still does NOT work if there are MULTIPLE accounts for one URL. *smile*

Rob

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2005, 09:26:42 PM »
Hi,

This is happening because https://www.e-gold.com/acct/login.html has its account number/passphrase fields in an HTML frame.

It's a legitamite bug that we've known about but keep forgetting to fix (it's mentioned elsewhere in these forums). I'll fix it right now so it makes it into the next release.

Also... a nice feature request would be to automatically have the PASSORD MAKER - CHOOSE ACCOUNT box pop up when I visit the website (either that, or attach a hotkey to it).
PasswordMaker already does this. You must check "Automaticall populate username and password fields" for either the default settings or a custom account with the desired URL.

Yes, good idea. I'll post this in the feature request forum.

Regards,
Eric

edit: added feature request here.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2005, 09:30:02 PM by Eric H. Jung »

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2005, 11:26:02 PM »
I select an account, hit OK, then all it does is put the ACCOUNT NUMBER in. Does not populate the password field. I have to right-click on the password field and repeat the process all over again to fill in the password.
OK there's a beta which fixes this now. Seems to work well. You can get it here. All sites with frames should now work fine.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2005, 11:26:16 PM by Eric H. Jung »

Offline BYUFanatic

• Normal Members
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2005, 11:51:45 PM »
Ahhhh... it now populates all fields properly. Thanks! Saves me from doing a LOT of clicking over and over again. *very big grin*

PasswordMaker already does this. You must check "Automaticall populate username and password fields" for either the default settings or a custom account with the desired URL.

Not https://www.e-gold.com/acct/login.html it doesn't. *grin* I have to either hit alt+` or I have to right-click and click on PASSWORD MAKER to start the process.

The CHOOSE ACCOUNT pop-up box does not automatically pop up on this website.

Rob

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2005, 01:27:21 AM »
OK. It's fixed now in 1.4 beta3.

(sha-1: 958D2985E6764F81A1DCA1A554AE61708F6F6A36)
(md5: A80DD9036A1B38EEE3C15EC129D84B28)

BYUFanatic, please let me know if it works for you.

Thanks,
Eric
« Last Edit: December 28, 2005, 01:27:51 AM by Eric H. Jung »

PasswordMaker Forums

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2005, 01:27:21 AM »