Author Topic: PWM will NOT read the RDF file  (Read 6396 times)

LkonKbd

PWM will NOT read the RDF file
« on: November 14, 2016, 06:21:10 PM »
Greetings from the GREAT Country of TEXAS,

My FireFox, v49.0.2, gave me some issues when returning to operations using "Hibernate."  The only way to get it to work was to 'reset' everything plus all 'addons' were removed and the Profile was recreated so had to look for my "RDF" file, found it and now that file, RDF, is NOT read by PWM.  Could it be an issue with the latest version, 1.7.8.1, or am I going to have to redo all of the sixty (60) odd passwords?  Hope not!

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
Re: PWM will NOT read the RDF file
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2016, 06:45:57 PM »
It is definitely not an issue with the version.

Did you put it in the same place (iuf so - where?) and is it still named the same?

Offline Miquel 'Fire' Burns

• Administrator
  • Programmer
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2016, 01:00:15 AM »
You can also import it.
"I'm not drunk, just sleep deprived."

LkonKbd

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2016, 04:32:58 AM »
YES!  to both of the posts.  Did do the import, no help, and the title is still the same in the original location,  C:\Users(LimitedUserTitle)\AppData\Roaming\ et ceteras

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2016, 02:34:28 PM »
You didn't provide the full path...

Mine is at:

C:\Users\myusername\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\SaltedProfile.default\passwordmaker.rdf

The name (even the case is important I think, it should be all lower) is important.

The permissions should include 'full control' for your user.

LkonKbd

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2016, 06:11:52 PM »
"tanstaafl,"Excise me, please?  I never give the exact full path as it is something that is personal and is standard for FF so it always remains the same (except for the special coded part unique for each user's access).  Is all lower case and is taken from a special folder created by Mozilla FF (saved to DeskTop) when not able to recover in the normal fashion, special resetting to first install and required to reinstall all addons and any special features for my access.  I think where you specify "Salted" is where that code is located.
Checked for my 'passwordmaker.rdf' file within my user path and it was NOT there, still the one without all of my codings so transferred it again, will check further later on as am involved in another project at the moment.  Will report any findings later.
Thank you and good to see you still with PWM,

LkonKbd

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2016, 01:48:54 PM »
Did the import again and the file is being shown as '3kb' yet when I click on that file and open in my TXT editor ("Edit Pad Light v7.3.1 x64) is shown as the file I need which is 122kb.  My system is '64bit' including FireFox.

LkonKbd

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2016, 02:48:50 PM »
Guess what?  Managed to get my original 'rdf' file back in operation AND did not use the 'Import' feature.  Just copy/paste.

Thanks anyway,

PasswordMaker Forums

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2016, 02:48:50 PM »