Author Topic: Is possible to request PWM to NOT fill in a field?  (Read 16170 times)

Offline ClaudeWSmith

• Normal Members
Is possible to request PWM to NOT fill in a field?
« on: April 12, 2014, 03:50:59 PM »
When I go to a particular web site, PWM automatically Clears/Removes data from one input area.

Is it possible to command PWM to NOT touch this input box at all.  Namely, Leave the information alone/unchanged?

Thanks in advance...   Claude

Offline Miquel 'Fire' Burns

• Administrator
  • Programmer
Re: Is possible to request PWM to NOT fill in a field?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2014, 09:43:35 PM »
There's an option to disable that. I have mine set to only fill empty fields. You may need to switch to advanced options.
"I'm not drunk, just sleep deprived."

Offline ClaudeWSmith

• Normal Members
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2014, 10:08:37 PM »
There's an option to disable that. I have mine set to only fill empty fields. You may need to switch to advanced options.

Perhaps someone could direct me to the exact location to enable/disable this feature?
I cannot find such an option.

Offline Miquel 'Fire' Burns

• Administrator
  • Programmer
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2014, 01:30:08 AM »

If you see a message below the copy password to clipboard button, click the link there to switch to advanced options.
"I'm not drunk, just sleep deprived."

Offline ClaudeWSmith

• Normal Members
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2014, 05:18:38 AM »
I have set my options EXACTLY as you suggest -
PWM stills clears out this one field -

What I have to do to edit this field is:
1) Disable PWM
2) Restart Browser
3) Go to the web site
4) Modify the field
5) Leave the web site
6) Enable PWM
7) Restart Browser

FYI:  This one field is a list all the WHITELIST email senders - This field used to have about 50+ entries -
Using the method above, I have reinserted some of the entries.  I then use <ctrl-A> <Ctrl-C> and pasted the total to a text file.
So, all is not lost.  I will continue to use the above work-around until PWM or my Browser is changed.

BTW:  This whole thing started about a week ago.  Removing the ADD-INs one at a time, I isolated the erasure to PWM.
It is difficult to understand why a browser could pre-plug a field only when PWM was installed and enabled.

Also, BTW, When I get to the web site, the field is filled.  About half a second later, the field goes blank.
I insert the information.  Then about half second later, the field goes blank.
When PWM is disabled, none of this happens.  When I use MS-Explorer ( Which doesn't have PWM ) nothing unusual happens.

PasswordMaker Forums

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2014, 05:18:38 AM »