Author Topic: RFE: extend auto-populate field types to include HTML5 standard  (Read 21484 times)

Offline jjw

• Normal Members
RFE: extend auto-populate field types to include HTML5 standard
« on: February 24, 2012, 12:26:34 PM »
Web sites (such as Amazon) are starting to use the new HTML5 field types - in particular email for  login/username details.

Advanced auto-populate does not seem to recognise these field types and does not auto-populate them.  This may be because the field type recorded in the auto-populate pattern does not match (usually being recorded as "text").

Can the field list be extended to allow auto-populate to function correctly, please?

Many thanks,
  Jerry

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
Re: RFE: extend auto-populate field types to include HTML5 standard
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 12:50:08 PM »
Sadly, Passwordmaker is in maintenance-only mode for the duration - or until some generous benefactor steps up to start hacking away (personally I'd *love* to see this happen, because there are numerous 'little things' that keep Passwordmaker from being virtually 'perfect')...

I'm also fairly sure that Eric would be more than happy to answer any serious developers questions to help them get familiar with the code...
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 02:16:51 PM by tanstaafl »

Offline jjw

• Normal Members
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 01:54:12 PM »
Okay, many thanks.

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2012, 02:19:46 PM »
I'm also fairly sure that Eric would be more than happy to answer any serious developers questions to help them get familiar with the code...

Actually, let me rephrase that - obviously I cannot speak for Eric, but I *hope* that Eric would be willing to do this, and I've never seen anything from him that suggests he wouldn't be, but this obviously would depend on his time availability etc...

Offline Miquel 'Fire' Burns

• Administrator
  • Programmer
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2012, 04:59:03 PM »
I have to find a debugger for Firefox extensions to verify this (or run a 3.x version), but I see two files that may need to be edited to allow for the different HTML5 input types: accountsettings.xul and passwdmaker.js

There may be other files you might need to change to ensure nothing breaks or it's complete.
"I'm not drunk, just sleep deprived."

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2012, 05:06:02 PM »
Thanks for taking a peek at this Miquel... :)

Offline Sgrizzo

• Normal Members
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2012, 02:49:41 PM »
Hello everybody. I resume this thread just to know if there are any news about html5 input types.
Recently also Gmail switched to 'email' type for its login, so Passwordmaker is no longer able to populate account field (while passwords is still correctly generated).

All the best,
Valerio

Valerio

PasswordMaker Forums

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2012, 02:49:41 PM »