Author Topic: Feature Requests List  (Read 2482149 times)

Offline Miquel 'Fire' Burns

• Administrator
  • Programmer
Re: Feature Requests List
« Reply #345 on: December 09, 2008, 10:25:44 PM »
Nothing is set in stone just yet. It may be part of the data, or as an attribute.
"I'm not drunk, just sleep deprived."

asumadre

« Reply #346 on: January 08, 2009, 11:20:39 AM »
A vote for: Simplified 'Defaults'/'Advanced' GUI

The screen progression is counter-intuitive. Having looked at the online implementation first, I could not generate the same password on both. I thought they must be different versions. You can't tell that "Defaults" opens another window. A button or a tab would be much better.

It doesn't have to be as the user suggested, but clearer, better organized screens (better looking too) is what this extension mostly needs.

Having the defaults be the same in all versions would avoid confusion too.

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
« Reply #347 on: January 08, 2009, 11:38:20 AM »
A vote for: Simplified 'Defaults'/'Advanced' GUI
done...

It doesn't have to be as the user suggested, but clearer, better organized screens (better looking too) is what this extension mostly needs.
Since you don't particularly like the FR you just voted for, I'm interested in what you had in mind...

Offline Miquel 'Fire' Burns

• Administrator
  • Programmer
« Reply #348 on: January 09, 2009, 12:57:53 AM »
The defaults should be the same in all versions now. If not, then the code is easy to break it seems.
"I'm not drunk, just sleep deprived."

Offline Kenton

• Normal Members
« Reply #349 on: May 28, 2009, 11:13:23 AM »
I would definitely vote for the concept of a password template (or something similar). The main reason is so that I can easily comply with various sites' password requirements (such as: must contain at least one upper and lower case letter and number).

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
« Reply #350 on: May 28, 2009, 01:58:23 PM »
I would definitely vote for the concept of a password template (or something similar). The main reason is so that I can easily comply with various sites' password requirements (such as: must contain at least one upper and lower case letter and number).

Presuming you are voting for the Password Template Filter Feature Request from the Feature Request List, I added a vote from you....

You get 5 votes... see any others you'd like to vote for?

Offline katala

• Normal Members
  • Amateur Cryptographer
« Reply #351 on: December 09, 2009, 07:40:15 PM »
N00b here:

Just my votes for, in priority order, whichever is easiest to implement:

rearrange or regroup accounts [manually]
sort user accounts in alpha order
search

Thank you.

Kq

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
« Reply #352 on: December 10, 2009, 11:15:34 AM »
Hi katala,

done... you have 2 more votes...

Offline katala

• Normal Members
  • Amateur Cryptographer
« Reply #353 on: December 12, 2009, 04:54:37 PM »
Hi katala,

done... you have 2 more votes...

Thank you, tanstaafl.

Also add please in relation to Account management, the capacity to manually select defaults, that is we can choose to select any one of the custom accounts as a default setting when we start PWM.
Thank you.

Kq

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
« Reply #354 on: December 13, 2009, 11:55:58 PM »
Also add please in relation to Account management, the capacity to manually select defaults, that is we can choose to select any one of the custom accounts as a default setting when we start PWM.
I'm sorry - I don't follow you...

Are you creating a *new* feature request - or is this an existing one? If the latter, I don't recognize it by your description.

Offline Lebewesen

• Normal Members
« Reply #355 on: May 25, 2011, 04:39:34 AM »
Hi,

i vote for;
- Sync Settings
- Modifiable Username Prompt et al
- Multiple Usernames per account, by pattern

I have a different idea to solv the sync problem. I have a new post for it - I don't know if it should be merged with the feature request, but I think kepp it seperatly is a good way to discuss this solution.
http://forums.passwordmaker.org/index.php/topic,1731.0.html

Bastian

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
« Reply #356 on: May 25, 2011, 11:01:01 AM »
Wow - it's been a while since anyone voted for anything...

Your votes have been recorded Lebewesen, and you have two more...

Offline mikerobinson

• Normal Members
« Reply #357 on: July 03, 2012, 02:17:05 AM »
I recently moved from Chrome to Firefox and as well from using the Chrome passwordmaker add-on to the Firefox one using the export and import functions.

First feature request:
There appears to be a feature of the Chrome version that is not present in FF. In Chrome, you can specify the URL components for each "profile" (compare with "accounts" in the FF extension), however in FF you can only change this for the "Defaults" account. It would be great to be able to change this for each account.

Second feature request:
I think this may be more of a bug report than a feature request, however I have various accounts set up, but only the "Defaults" one actually uses any of the above URL components. All the other ones actually use an empty string by default for calculating the hashes (i.e. when pushing the CoolKey button or when clicking through the account list). If I use the "Defaults" account, it correctly populates the URL components as desired and uses that as the "Using Text" portion, but all of the other accounts just use an empty string as the "Using Text" unless explicitly specified in the "Use the following text to calculate the generated hashes". The only workaround to this is to have a separate account for each separate domain to use and manually fill in the "Using Text" you want to use for each one. However, it would be much easier to simply add a regex for another domain.

Third feature request:
In the global settings under "action to take when CoolKey is activated", it would be nice to include an option to enable/disable filling in the username. It's rather annoying to click on the key and have every single non-password field in the form populated with the username.

Thanks for making such a great extension. Hopefully this helps.

Offline heelsandfeet

• Normal Members
« Reply #358 on: October 29, 2015, 11:32:59 AM »
thanks a lot!

PasswordMaker Forums

« Reply #358 on: October 29, 2015, 11:32:59 AM »