Author Topic: A couple ideas  (Read 28389 times)

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
A couple ideas
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2005, 03:56:55 PM »
Hi David,

I would love to have a character set with all Unicode characters in it
Are you sure about that? There are tens of thousands of Unicode characters, many of which aren't displayable on a US-English Windows installation (somehow I think I remember you're on linux, though)

Also, just a thought: perhaps the character sets in the drop-down list could be descriptions instead of showing the characters?
I've already thought of this. It will be available when user-definable character sets in the drop-down list are available.

Oops, I guess the Unicode + random was sort of another request--ability to pick a character set and then randomize it-as I think the random feature right now is based on latin + punctuation only?
Yes, it's based on the typical 95-disablable characters on a US-English keyboard. I say US-English because the British-English keyboard has things like the Sterling pound symbol.

Thanks for the consideration smile.gif 0.8.7 rocks!!
Thank you! When are you going to register, my friend? :)

Tyrantmizar--can you add this request to the FRL? Something like Ability to generate random Unicode character set.

-Eric

David

A couple ideas
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2005, 08:48:19 AM »
Are you sure about that? There are tens of thousands of Unicode characters, many of which aren't displayable on a US-English Windows installation (somehow I think I remember you're on linux, though)
Pretty sure, though certainly not if it's a pain to do.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Windows users just need the right font, i.e., a font with the complete Unicode character set. Code2000 I think is free.

I've already thought of this. It will be available when user-definable character sets in the drop-down list are available.
Sweet!

Thank you! When are you going to register, my friend? :)
I tell you, I'm enamored with the red name! I know, because I said that someday I'll come back here and find that guests have green names....

Thanks again Eric :)

Offline Tyrantmizar

A couple ideas
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2005, 08:58:09 PM »
Tyrantmizar--can you add this request to the FRL? Something like Ability to generate random Unicode character set.
sure.

edit: done
« Last Edit: October 03, 2005, 08:59:07 PM by Tyrantmizar »
Tyrantmizar
- <a href="http://tyrantmizar.blogsome.com/">Check out my blog</a> (shameless plug :P)
- Lord of the Feature Requests / Enhancements Forum - BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!
- Lord of the other one, the [url=http://forums.passwordmaker.o

Offline ignatius.reilly

Re: A couple ideas
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2008, 01:15:05 PM »
This thread "Import Settings into PasswordMaker Online" has become all things to all people, still...

I'd cast my vote for adding the following feature to the Online version:

If the Online script can find a passwordmaker.rdf file in the same directory:
- it parses it (I'd bet this can be done in Javascript)
- it displays a drop-down of accounts to choose from
- upon the user selecting an account, the account's settings are populated (those are in clear in the RDF).

At present one has to open the RDF in Notepad and copy manually the settings into the form...

PasswordMaker Forums

Re: A couple ideas
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2008, 01:15:05 PM »