Author Topic: PasswordMaker Click! Edition  (Read 27201 times)

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
PasswordMaker Click! Edition
« on: May 03, 2009, 03:53:15 PM »
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 03:55:05 PM by Eric H. Jung »

Offline Miquel 'Fire' Burns

• Administrator
  • Programmer
Re: PasswordMaker Click! Edition
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2009, 06:13:06 PM »
Click! Edition. I like it.

Note, IE6 is for only poor person who is still stuck with that version, even if IE 7 or 8 can be installed. BTW, anyone still have IE 7 installed here? IE 8 was released this past week. It should of installed if you have auto updates turned on. (mine didn't for some reason...)
"I'm not drunk, just sleep deprived."

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2009, 10:34:26 PM »
Click! Edition....I thought that was your name for it. I saw that in the comments, I thought.

Yeah, do we really need to support IE6? The only people still using it are people in corporate environments, which actually might be a lot. If IE6 is a limiting factor for the number of characters in the bookmarklet, and it's getting in the way, I say ditch support for it. If it's not getting in the way, nevermind.

• Administrator
  • Programmer
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2009, 02:17:26 AM »
Heh, what you saw for Click! Edition was my poor attempt to use the South Park joke turned meme (where the last two steps are ??? then profit). If I had did a line break, the Click would be on another line. Like how the Desktop Edition is under the desktop+qt folder, the Click! Edition will be under the bookmarklet folder.

The only thing getting in the way with IE6's limited characters are explained in the notes (which I just updated) would only get in the way of those users. All other users can have full control of features that are used. Also, as most of the code will come from the server, there's not much the bookmarklet itself needs to do. If I decide to drop IE6 support, all I would add is a loading box to display when the script is first run on a page (as you have to download a script).

Actually, the bookmarklet itself is basically, done, it's the stuff that allows the user to do something it with that needs to be created now.

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2009, 09:48:30 AM »
The only reason I can think of why someone might still be on IE6 is they are still on Windows 2000...

Personally, I will be waiting on IE8 for a while... every time I have tried it, on 3 different machines, it takes 5 times longer to startup than IE7...

Also - I think it will only auto-update prompt is if you use an Admin account all the time... otherwise, it will only update when you do a manual Windows Update...

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2009, 09:46:57 PM »
The only reason I can think of why someone might still be on IE6 is they are still on Windows 2000...
The last company at which I worked (and left in December 2008, only 4-5 months ago), was still using IE6 as its corporate standard. All web sites internally written must be tested and debugged to work with IE6. If they work with other browsers, that's fine, but IE6 was the only browser that *required* to be supported.

And the OS was Windows XP, not Windows 2000.

• Administrator
  • Programmer
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2009, 12:52:22 AM »
Yes, corporate owned computer could very well be running XP, and still use IE6. Lucky for my job, we can give folks IE7 (Holding back on IE8) and Firefox. Only had to support IE 6 in an app I wrote because there was in fact someone running Windows 2000. Hopefully that person was able to get an updated computer.

Offline AcidReflux

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2010, 08:15:38 PM »
I saw this edition today and I was happy to see the idea I planted so long ago was created. One thing does not seem to work for me. I use a custom character list and I am unable to alter the character list when I choose the custom option. Am I missing something?

• Administrator
  • Programmer
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2010, 08:30:25 PM »
Only time you shouldn't be able to edit the character list with custom is if you're using IE6. Seems there's a bug I need to fix.

Offline AcidReflux

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2010, 08:47:13 PM »
I am using Firefox 3.6 if that helps any. At least now I know I'm supposed to be able to edit it :)

Offline AcidReflux

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2010, 08:51:14 PM »
FYI, seems to be broken in IE 7 + Vista as well.

• Administrator
  • Programmer
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2010, 09:21:38 PM »
It was broken in all browsers actually. I just fixed it. IE6 still is restricted from using custom Character Sets however (allowed length of the bookmarklet).

Offline AcidReflux

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2010, 09:37:26 PM »
All fixed, and generated bookmarklet works. Awesome. Now I just need to figure out the iPhone app and I will be happy.

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2010, 07:25:20 PM »

PasswordMaker Forums

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2010, 07:25:20 PM »