Author Topic: "ALPHABETIZE PASSWORDS"  (Read 9366 times)

LkonKbd

"ALPHABETIZE PASSWORDS"
« on: March 03, 2009, 12:34:01 AM »
What has happened to the "ALPHABETIZE PASSWORDS" in the Advanced Options?  Plus why did you lock down the reorganization ability for the Groups?  Had to go back to one of my backups of my RDF file and discovered there is not a backup of the one I had done by reorganizing them.

Thank you for reading this,

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
Re: "ALPHABETIZE PASSWORDS"
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2009, 10:29:07 AM »
What has happened to the "ALPHABETIZE PASSWORDS" in the Advanced Options?

I have absolutely NO idea what you are talking about... I have never seen an 'alphabetize passwords' option anywhere.

Plus why did you lock down the reorganization ability for the Groups?  Had to go back to one of my backups of my RDF file and discovered there is not a backup of the one I had done by reorganizing them.

Since there hasn't been an update to PWM for quite some time, again, I don't know what you are talking about.

Or... do you mean manually 'sorting' the Groups like you can the accounts inside them? I don't think you've ever been able to do that.

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2009, 06:15:53 AM »
I think this is his way of asking for those as features :)

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2009, 10:51:18 AM »
Oh... heh, right... sorting groups would be nice too, but I'd much rather be able to sort accounts in the groups... I've got over a hundred in one of my groups, and 50+ in two others, and the inability to sort or search really hampers my ability to find one I'm looking for sometimes...

Also... I'm wondering what the heck 'alphabetize passwords' would even do?

LkonKbd

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2009, 02:06:35 AM »
I do not remember where I posted the action I had taken when I redid my Passwords after the GOOF-UP that I had made by removing the Default.

After I reinserted the Default I was able to drag and drop the Groups as well as the New Accounts into any order I wish, did not need to be Alphabetized.  I could do them to suite me and my needs.  Now they are LOCKED and cannot be moved.  I think I did that change last Oct or Nov.  Not sure.

ERIC,

NO, I am not asking for the system to alphabetize them for me, just allow me to set them in whatever order I need them.  Or is that not possible any longer.

Thank you for the reply and your reading my roaster toaster,

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2009, 11:56:38 AM »
As I said, either Groups have never been sortable, only the accounts inside them - or mine is broken.

Your ability to sort the groups must have been triggered by removing the Defaults account.

PasswordMaker Forums

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2009, 11:56:38 AM »