Author Topic: WebDAV in Firefox 3 beta 5  (Read 42256 times)

Offline tobiasly

• Normal Members
WebDAV in Firefox 3 beta 5
« on: April 24, 2008, 08:43:39 PM »
I am using PasswordMaker 1.7.2 on Firefox 3b5 and can no longer use WebDAV download. Upload is successful, but download always returns "Error 0x-1". I have tried on 3 different computers. It worked fine for me using Firefox 2. I am not even seeing a GET hit in my Apache log when trying to download so something goes wrong before the attempt is even made.

Is anyone else using WebDAV successfully in FF3?

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
Re: WebDAV in Firefox 3 beta 5
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2008, 12:44:35 AM »
I haven't tested this for FF3b5. I'll try it this weekend and post back. If it doesn't work, I'll work on a fix.

Offline tobiasly

• Normal Members
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2008, 01:37:22 PM »
Thanks Eric, let me know if there is anything I can do to help testing!

Gary

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2008, 02:50:44 AM »
I'm having the same problem - it works with FF2 but not FF3.  However, I do have one computer using FF3 that is working.  I don't know why it works for one and not the others because they're all configured the same AFAIK.

Gary

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2008, 03:53:05 AM »
I'm having the same problem - it works with FF2 but not FF3.  However, I do have one computer using FF3 that is working.  I don't know why it works for one and not the others because they're all configured the same AFAIK.

Actually, it's the same problem - uploads work but not downloads.  Any updates on this?  This is an important feature for me.

Thanks,

Gary

Offline tobiasly

• Normal Members
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2008, 02:28:15 AM »
Just another data point, FF3-RC1 does not fix the issue...

Peter

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2008, 11:25:59 AM »
It's not just WebDAV, also the general upload/download. Download doesn't work.

Offline petervanderdoes

• Normal Members
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2008, 05:17:48 PM »
I forgot I had an user account here.

The problem exists with webdav and ftp download.

The error occurs when the line 184:
Code: [Select]
       this.streamLoader.init(this._channel, this , null);is executed in updownload.js

Offline Miquel 'Fire' Burns

• Administrator
  • Programmer
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2008, 05:56:09 PM »
I wonder if something had changed in Firefox 3 to cause this?
"I'm not drunk, just sleep deprived."

Mike Nerone

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2008, 12:51:59 AM »
Just wanted to make sure everyone knows the workaround, at least for downloading:

Visit the URL for your settings (.rdf) file in firefox itself. From the File menu, save it to your desktop (or wherever). Open up PasswordMaker (CTRL-`), right click in an empty area (not in the account list area) and select Import Settings. Select the RDF file and hit OK.

You can basically do the reverse for uploading, but I haven't tested how your other PasswordMaker installations (if you have any) might react to that.

Mike

Offline tobiasly

• Normal Members
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2008, 04:31:47 AM »
Eric, were you ever able to debug further into this issue? Is there anything that regular users can do to help test this?

Thanks,
Toby

Gary

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2008, 01:08:57 PM »
Has any progress been made on this issue?  Is anyone working on a fix or enhancement for syncing settings between multiple machines?  I've been looking for a solution or workaround since FF3b was initially released.  So far, I haven't seen any responses from the developer.  It would really be helpful to see an update on this.  I like this utility but it is a hassle to keep the settings synced among computers.  Based on the number of downloads, I'm sure there are many others that would like to see a solution to this.

• Administrator
  • Programmer
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2008, 03:55:41 PM »
I believe the issue is that none of the developers use WebDAV themselves.

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2008, 10:20:07 AM »
Besides, proper syncing - ala Foxmarks or something similar - would probably require PWM to be rewritten to use the sqlite database backend. This would open up a whole new slew of possibilities (easy sorting/listing, etc), but it is a whole lot of work too...

I truly wish I was independently wealthy, I'd just hire Eric (or someone else if he wasn't interested) to do it...

• Administrator
  • Programmer
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2008, 01:17:05 PM »
Thing is, do the other browsers PasswordMaker support have sqlite support? (Flock and Seamonkey)

If not, then there's no real point in switching. Also, the way PasswordMaker uses the data it has, the order on the select account screen will be database ordered most likely.

PasswordMaker Forums

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2008, 01:17:05 PM »