Author Topic: PasswordMaker 1.7 for Firefox/Mozilla/Netscape/Flock/SeaMonkey  (Read 23879 times)

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
PasswordMaker 1.7 for Firefox/Mozilla/Netscape/Flock/SeaMonkey
« on: September 28, 2007, 03:22:29 AM »
Hi,

PasswordMaker 1.7 for Firefox/Mozilla/Netscape/Flock/SeaMonkey has been sent to addons.mozilla.org for approval. If you're using Firefox, PasswordMaker will automatically update itself when the release is approved by Mozilla. Otherwise, you can obtain the release here. Release notes are here.

Regards,
Eric

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
Re: PasswordMaker 1.7 for Firefox/Mozilla/Netscape/Flock/SeaMonkey
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2007, 03:49:57 AM »
Hi,

PasswordMaker 1.7 for Firefox/Mozilla/Netscape/Flock/SeaMonkey has been sent to addons.mozilla.org for approval. If you're using Firefox, PasswordMaker will automatically update itself when the release is approved by Mozilla. Otherwise, you can obtain the release here.

:( Link takes you to Addons, for the 1.6.2 version...

But "yeah!" anyway! Looks to be an excellent release Eric! Many thanks!

Offline Miquel 'Fire' Burns

• Administrator
  • Programmer
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2007, 12:57:28 PM »
It's 1.7 now. That was approved quickly actually.
"I'm not drunk, just sleep deprived."

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2007, 02:38:40 PM »
Interestingly, version 1.6.1 was released one year ago today. It's quite sad there's only been two or three releases of the Firefox edition in the last year. I much prefer shorter development cycles.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2007, 02:40:20 PM by Eric H. Jung »

Offline quixin

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2007, 07:30:33 PM »
Hey hey, what's up everyone...

Saw the new version was released...  Can't wait to get a look...

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2007, 07:52:18 PM »
Hey hey, what's up everyone...

Saw the new version was released...  Can't wait to get a look...

Quixin! Hey, man, so good to hear from you! How have you been?

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2007, 08:23:14 PM »
Yo, quix! Welcome back!

Offline John Liebson

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2007, 08:46:28 PM »
The update has quite ruined my life!

Why?

That's simple.

Why?

Because now PWM does export passwords for individual entries, meaning that one can put aside a printout of all the vital information contained in PWM.

So?

Now I have to find something new to complain about. Not only that, but I am quite certain that the PWM team expects me to thank them for this long-awaited change.

So?

That means I'll have to go find a "thank you" to send to the team.

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2007, 09:38:10 PM »
Because now PWM does export passwords for individual entries, meaning that one can put aside a printout of all the vital information contained in PWM.

When I started reading your post, a sense of dread overcame me until I realized the sarcasm. So I assume you're talking about the printing feature (not really export per se), right? Yeah, me and Mauro rewrote some of that for this release. IIRC, generated passwords that contained XML entities were only being escaped sometimes. I should put that in the release notes. Thanks for the reminder.

Offline quixin

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2007, 09:41:09 PM »

Quixin! Hey, man, so good to hear from you! How have you been?
Yo, quix! Welcome back!

I've been fantastic.  I was married in June (see nickandbethany.com). 

Haven't found much free time for my hobbies unfortunately. What else is new with PWM dev?  Still working strong on FoxyProxy as well?

Offline John Liebson

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2007, 09:49:59 PM »

When I started reading your post, a sense of dread overcame me until I realized the sarcasm. So I assume you're talking about the printing feature (not really export per se), right? Yeah, me and Mauro rewrote some of that for this release. IIRC, generated passwords that contained XML entities were only being escaped sometimes. I should put that in the release notes. Thanks for the reminder.
NO sarcasm, Eric, it is just that you failed to recognized my entirely-too-well-known sense of, uh, er, um, "humor."

So, just count yourself as yet another in a long line of those who have been `victimized' by me....

And, yes, you should add the password-printing information to the release notes. I was somewhat surprised to find that it works now, given that there was nothing mentioned about this in the notes. (Furthermore, I really did mean "export," as I exported and saved a .html file of my PWM settings; this works, as does the print-setup way of generating the data.

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2007, 11:13:49 PM »

I've been fantastic.  I was married in June (see nickandbethany.com).

Hey, thats awesome! Congrats, and all that !

Haven't found much free time for my hobbies unfortunately.

Heh - yeah, married life will do that to ya, at least for a while...

What else is new with PWM dev?

A lot has been happening, especially recently, but I'll let Eric have the pleasure of telling you...

Great to have ya back!

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2007, 11:38:51 PM »
Hi,

PasswordMaker 1.7 for Firefox/Mozilla/Netscape/Flock/SeaMonkey has been sent to addons.mozilla.org for approval. If you're using Firefox, PasswordMaker will automatically update itself when the release is approved by Mozilla. Otherwise, you can obtain the release here. Release notes are here.

Hey Eric,

When you get a minute, give the FRL a quick once over - I only found two FRs that were fulfilled for this release, but maybe I missed some...

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2007, 12:28:26 AM »
Haven't found much free time for my hobbies unfortunately. What else is new with PWM dev?  Still working strong on FoxyProxy as well?

What's new in PasswordMaker? Probably the biggest news is our wiki! http://test.passwordmaker.org which should go live this weekend (i.e., not in the "test" subdomain anymore). Yes, I'm still working on FoxyProxy, although not nearly as much as PasswordMaker lately.

Congrats on the marriage! I remember when you guys got engaged :) Where are you living these days?

So, are you up for jumping back into the thick of things? We need an image (like this one or this, for example) sized for the logo in the upper-left of the wiki. However, the dimensions are somewhat flexible. Any time to do it? :)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2007, 12:30:22 AM by Eric H. Jung »

Offline quixin

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2007, 06:11:55 PM »
What's new in PasswordMaker? Probably the biggest news is our wiki! http://test.passwordmaker.org which should go live this weekend (i.e., not in the "test" subdomain anymore). Yes, I'm still working on FoxyProxy, although not nearly as much as PasswordMaker lately.

Congrats on the marriage! I remember when you guys got engaged :) Where are you living these days?
I'm still in Florida.  My wife (its still funny saying that  ;D) is attending graduate school now so we have no plans to relocate any time soon.
So, are you up for jumping back into the thick of things? We need an image (like this one or this, for example) sized for the logo in the upper-left of the wiki. However, the dimensions are somewhat flexible. Any time to do it? :)
Its funny you should mention this.  I got a look at the wiki after seeing a post by tanstaafl and was going to suggest just that.  I'll try and whip something up.

PasswordMaker Forums

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2007, 06:11:55 PM »