Author Topic: IE error  (Read 18844 times)

Offline dclewis

• Normal Members
IE error
« on: February 09, 2007, 08:49:57 PM »
I constantly have to toggle between two browsers (because some of the websites I MUST use for business just don't support firefox at all) so with IE7 I thought I would just use that because I'd still be able to use tabbed browsing, PMaker, and basically have a similar experience that I have with FF 2.x. I guess I was wrong.

The Pmaker in IE doesn't work so well. Whenever I try to populate a field it just throws back this error:

"An Error has occurred in the script on this page

Line: 203
char: 5
Error: Permission Denied

URL: "lists the path where Password maker is installed on my Comp instead of the web address (I dunno why???)"

Now it doesn't seem to matter whether I do this as an admin or any other user account. The result is the same.

Then another box pops up and it asks me if I want to continue running scripts on the page and I click yes and it throws another error:

"Line: 22
Char: 1
Error: Object doesn't support this property or method
URL: "lists the path to Pmaker on my comp"

Am I doing something wrong? Or is Pmaker buggy in IE7?

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Dave
« Last Edit: February 09, 2007, 08:52:19 PM by dclewis »

Offline Miquel 'Fire' Burns

• Administrator
  • Programmer
IE error
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2007, 10:14:45 PM »
The IE version has actually been taken off the site until we can get someone who will be willing to develop it. So the IE version is in fact buggy (even with IE 6 actually)

And the IE version is basically a JS version made to intergrate with IE at almost the same level as the Firefox version. Seems permissions was set higher for it at some point.
"I'm not drunk, just sleep deprived."

Offline dclewis

• Normal Members
IE error
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2007, 10:21:50 PM »
Oh  
Well, thanks for the quick reply  
Is there any other alternatives that are available? I had heard of a way to view pages in IE and firefox simultaneously in the same browser but I don't know if this is true or not...kind of looking for a way to consolidate browsers. I wish that there was "one browser to rule them all" LOL.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2007, 10:26:40 PM by dclewis »

Offline Miquel 'Fire' Burns

• Administrator
  • Programmer
IE error
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2007, 02:39:40 AM »
Best solution, copy and paste from the Firefox extension for now.
"I'm not drunk, just sleep deprived."

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
IE error
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2007, 09:13:07 PM »
ages in IE and firefox simultaneously in the same browser but I don't know if this is true or not.
Yes, there is an extension for firefox called "IE View" that does exactly that. We also have an Opera widget that is supposed to be released... Caspian?

PasswordMaker Forums

IE error
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2007, 09:13:07 PM »