Author Topic: Mac Usability Issue  (Read 6523 times)

ceejayoz

Mac Usability Issue
« on: May 26, 2005, 06:17:17 AM »
The key combination for bringing up PasswordMaker on the Mac - Command+` - is a very, very commonly used system-wide key combination that switches between windows in any active app.

Another key combination should be used, or at the very least the Command+` one should be disableable.

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
Mac Usability Issue
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2005, 03:09:01 PM »
Thanks for the suggestion. I will change it to another key combination. In the meantime, you can use the very useful KeyConfig Extension to change the shortcut to anything you like.

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
Mac Usability Issue
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2005, 07:39:50 PM »
ceejayoz,
I spoke with another PasswordMaker Mac user. She didn't agree that Ctrl-` "is a very, very commonly used system-wide key combination that switches between windows in any active app."

Since I don't have a Mac, I don't know what you mean and no one seems to be backing you up. Does it matter which version of OSX you're using? Did you customize your keyboard mapping? Is there any other reason another Mac OSX user wouldn't have the same keyboard shortcuts as you?

Until someone else can verify this is problem, I won't change the shortcut. Instead, I'll have to refer you to the KeyConfig extension.

Thanks for understanding,
Eric

Offline ThorNM

• Normal Members
Mac Usability Issue
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2005, 09:41:17 PM »
While "CTRL-`" isn't an important OS X shortcut, the current shortcut used is "command-`", which is a very important shortcut used to filp between several open windows in a single application.

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
Mac Usability Issue
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2005, 10:07:27 PM »
Interesting. I didn't realize the shortcut wasn't mapping to cntrl-` on OS X. Thanks for the clarification. I will try to change it to cntrl-` for mac in the next release.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2005, 10:07:56 PM by Eric H. Jung »

PasswordMaker Forums

Mac Usability Issue
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2005, 10:07:27 PM »