Author Topic: Hide Master Password Field  (Read 5825 times)

Offline Romeo

Hide Master Password Field
« on: September 19, 2005, 09:53:41 PM »
Eric, I just checked the checkbox for Hide Master Password Field.  However, I made two observations.  On is that the MPW does get hidden in the Advanced Options panel.  It does now get hidden in the Basic Options Panel, though.

I do not know if the second observation is a bug, or just a suggestion.  When you close FF, after entering the MPW, it is no longer hidden.  I think that this global setting should be persistent, if one does not choose to save the MPW to disk, as I do.
It is impossible to create a fool-proof system, because fools are ingenious.

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2005, 10:03:33 PM »
Eric, I just checked the checkbox for Hide Master Password Field. However, I made two observations. On is that the MPW does get hidden in the Advanced Options panel. It does now get hidden in the Basic Options Panel, though.
Thanks. I'd forgotten about that. I think someone reported it a long time back. We need a "master bug list" like Tyrantmizar has for feature requests  :(

I do not know if the second observation is a bug, or just a suggestion. When you close FF, after entering the MPW, it is no longer hidden. I think that this global setting should be persistent, if one does not choose to save the MPW to disk, as I do.
This is intentional--if there's nothing to hide, it is switched off.

Offline Romeo

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2005, 12:30:59 AM »
This is intentional--if there's nothing to hide, it is switched off.
That's what I thought, but if a user checks to hide the MPW, even though the option to store it only in memory, wouldn't the user want the same option selected, the next time PM is opened ?  If they didn't want that, they wouldn't need to select that option.
It is impossible to create a fool-proof system, because fools are ingenious.

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2005, 04:31:36 AM »
Fixed in 0.8.5, although I still didn't implement storing of the setting if MPW is empty. It would make things very, very complicated for me.

PasswordMaker Forums

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2005, 04:31:36 AM »