Author Topic: possible invalid character warning when l33t is on  (Read 8796 times)

Offline TiagoTiago

• Normal Members
possible invalid character warning when l33t is on
« on: September 12, 2005, 05:27:56 AM »
I recently found that some sites don't accept the passwords if they were l33t'ed, when using l33ting after.
when passwordmaker l33ts it does not uses only the characters specified in the "characters" box, doing so it may insert unwanted characters in the password, so I would like to sugest that when a user selects "l33t after" a warning screen would show ( with a check box to not show it again ) warning the user of this fact

other than that I am extremely satisfied with this utility, just about all my passwords are generated by pm, thanx for this great security device 8o)
(new reply email notifications don't always reach my inbox, please let me know if you think it has happened again)

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2005, 03:21:40 PM »
Hi TiagoTiago,

when passwordmaker l33ts it does not uses only the characters specified in the "characters" box, doing so it may insert unwanted characters in the password,
Very true! I hadn't thought of that. I will use your suggestion of a warning box ( with a check box to not show it again ) warning the user of this fact.

other than that I am extremely satisfied with this utility, just about all my passwords are generated by pm, thanx for this great security device
You are most welcome. Thank you for the compliments.

Tyrantmizar: can you add this to the Features Request List?

Regards,
Eric

PasswordMaker Forums

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2005, 03:21:40 PM »