Author Topic: When URL contains  (Read 15581 times)

Offline Romeo

When URL contains
« on: October 18, 2005, 01:36:14 AM »
When you have two logins at the same website, where the www.domain.com is the same, but one is www.domain.com/xyz and the other one is www.domain.com/abc, as in Parent login and student login, specify the entire string shown above in italic, as opposed to just www.domain.com for two of the account specific settings and you won't get a pop up asking you to choose which one to log into.
It is impossible to create a fool-proof system, because fools are ingenious.

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
When URL contains
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2005, 07:02:15 AM »
I wish I understood that one :)  Maybe it's because it's so late...
« Last Edit: October 18, 2005, 07:02:26 AM by Eric H. Jung »

Offline Romeo

When URL contains
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2005, 02:59:11 PM »
Eric, after you've had your morning coffee, give it another try.  It is really quite elementary.    :lol:

Offline tanstaafl

When URL contains
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2005, 11:00:22 AM »
I'm not sure I understand either...

Romeo, can you point to a site that provides different pages for logins like this? Maybe I need to wait for my morning coffee too...

Offline quixin

When URL contains
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2005, 12:10:35 PM »
Example would be invisionfree forums (The same forums used here).  Forums that do not forward their address (which is why you see the URL forums.passwordmaker.org here) all use invisionfree.com/fourmname are their URL (i.e. invisionfree.com/passwordmaker). If you sign up for multiple forums and only use the domain invisionfree.com, each time you login you are asked which account to choose from.  Romeo is saying to put more information in the When URL contains field to avoid this (i.e. invisionfree.com/iFusion etc.)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2005, 12:11:23 PM by quixin »

Offline tanstaafl

When URL contains
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2005, 01:12:40 PM »
Ok, makes sense now... added to the list...

Offline Romeo

When URL contains
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2005, 01:20:57 PM »
quixin, thanks for clearing that one up.  Finally, someone who can think in the abstract.
Ok, makes sense now... added to the list...
tanstaafl, you are talking about the tricks and tips list, right.  This is not a feature request.

Offline tanstaafl

When URL contains
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2005, 09:20:56 PM »
tanstaafl, you are talking about the tricks and tips list, right. This is not a feature request.
Yep - I can't add stuff to the Feature Request List - nor does Eric want me to be able to - I'll load up my one special request with a bunch of fake votes! ...  :tomato:

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
When URL contains
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2005, 10:10:16 PM »
I can't add stuff to the Feature Request List - nor does Eric want me to be able to
I know you meant this as a joke, but seriously it's not possible for two people to do this job. I don't update it myself. I used to when we originally posted the FRL in the forums, but I would inevitably step on something Tyrantmizar was working on. IOW, if two people are editing the post simultaneously, the last person to hit "submit" overwrites the other's changes. I never really told him that, so he thought edits were magically disappearing on him ._o
« Last Edit: October 19, 2005, 10:10:39 PM by Eric H. Jung »

PasswordMaker Forums

When URL contains
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2005, 10:10:16 PM »